Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.James B. Beam American Outpost Ambassador / Tour Guide
The following positionis open in Kentucky , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
James B Beam Distilling Co is a leading company in product innovation, deeply rooted in family heritage and a leader in the explosive bourbon category. We have exceptional benefits and a diverse team environment for you to grow in the hospitality and bourbon industry.
This position presents the opportunity to be on the front line of consumer engagement and influencing purchasing decisions. You will be a member of a highly diverse, energetic and passionate team with a mission to deliver a world-class experience to our visitors.Role Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Conduct tours of the James B Beam Distilling Co distillery (approx. group size of 24-30)
- Engage guests by discussing the history of how bourbon is made the Beam way.
- Provide accurate account of Beam Family history.
- Conduct tastings in the American Outpost by educating guests of our bourbon portfolio
- Craft cocktails to share with our visiting guests.
- Handle sales transactions including the transfer of funds and check-out through the cash register system.
- Maintain accurate inventory counts of all merchandise; include the receiving, inspection, tagging and stocking of all items.
- Maintain attractive and organized merchandise displays, ensuring store shelves are well stocked.
- Assist guests with fact-based information specific to our bourbon and heritage.
- Handle incoming phone calls and maintain accurate schedule of tour groups.
- Handle outbound shipments.
- Special events setup/tear down
- Word & Excel knowledge
- Adheres to and promotes quality, environmental, health and safety as one of the organization's business priorities.
- Engaging Personality
- Creative Thinker
- Socially at ease with big groups of people
- Good Showmanship
- Good communication skills, especially verbal
- Broad cultural knowledge and experience
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US salaried employees in our offices and commercial field roles as a condition of employment, subject to medical/religious exemptions.
- Strong number recognition and analytical skills
- Previous retail and inventory management experience a plus
- Prior tour guide experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree is a plus.
- Hospitality experience a plus
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.