Maker's Mark a Subsidiary of Beam Suntory inspires human connections, memorable stories and family legacies by Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest premium spirits company... where each employee is treated like family and trusted to be custodians of our world-class portfolio of brands steeped in legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Maker's Mark Distillery, a beautiful historic landmark currently has the following positionHome Place Manager
open in Loretto Kentucky , United States .This position will be based at the distillery which is approximately 20 miles south of Bardstown, KY.What makes this a great opportunity?
Manage and develop the activities and staff of the Maker's Mark Visitor Relations Department. Develop best in class visitor relations program. Role Responsibilities Position Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience Essential Skills and Experience:
- Manage the day to day operations for the Maker's Mark visitor program, including all aspects of the experience, operational, retail and supporting IT systems
- Responsible for the management and development of the bourbon specialist team
- Responsible for executing the bourbon specialist training program, including new hires and ongoing development
- Responsible for executing the plan for excellence in customer experience and hospitality
- Responsible for the scheduling of all staff to ensure adequate coverage for daily experiences onsite
- Develop future staffing plan
- Set up ticketing information, dates and times through Outbound ticketing
- Manage payroll through Ceridian for full time staff and support staff through temp agencies.
- Recruit, interview, and hire Support Staff, Bourbon Specialist, and Intern positions
- Work with KDA to implement programs such as the Better Drinking Culture and Intellicheck
- Work with safety team to address safety concerns and resolve problems
- Assess team through evaluations bi-annually
Non-Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 1 - 3 years experience
- Prior supervisory and / or management experience
- Prior tourism experience
- Prior business background
- Excellent interaction with the public
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Self-starter, innovative, visionary
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Team oriented
- Works well independently and with little supervision
- General office equipment knowledge
- Computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office (particularly Excel & power Point)
- Prior experience in the beverage alcohol industry
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US salaried employees in our offices and commercial field roles as a condition of employment, subject to medical/religious exemptions.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.