Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in New York Office.Global Compliance Manager - NYMission Position Summary/Purpose:
- The Compliance Manager is responsible for the implementation and support of Beam Suntory's Global Compliance Program and global compliance initiatives. The position will report to the Chief Compliance Officer and will be based in New York, NY.
- Key responsibilities include:
- Monitor current trends in compliance and assess potential vulnerabilities; develop proactive programs designed to mitigate legal, regulatory and reputation risks in the area of FCPA/anti-corruption compliance.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to assess risks and implement global compliance initiatives.
- Support and assist with coordination of compliance investigations.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Support the 3P diligence program that includes monitoring of third-party partners such as distributors, customers and vendors, executing training and data monitoring protocols and reporting results of such activities to the compliance team and other stakeholders.
- Support the development and implementation of global compliance program initiatives designed to mitigate legal, regulatory and reputation risks in the area of anti-corruption and other compliance areas.
This is a great opportunity because...
- Support compliance organization tracking and reporting needs leveraging technology.
- Leverage SAP and other systems knowledge to help generate reports and identify back-end controls to help mitigate compliance-related risks.
- Maintain program initiatives with compliance vendors, including online training vendor and ethics hotline vendors.
- Support other members of the compliance team as needed.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to implement compliance initiatives (e.g., Internal Audit, Finance, Legal, Commercial, IT, etc.)
. Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
As a leading company in the highly regulated alcohol industry, doing business in more than 100 countries, Beam Suntory is challenged to operate in compliance with a wide range of regional, national and local regulations and seeking to grow and broaden its compliance function's integration into business teams across the globe. Desired Qualifications
- Experience in using technology to provide scalable solutions to improve control of compliance risks; strong analytical skills used to identify risks and process deficiencies. Leverage data analysis designed to mitigate risk where appropriate.
- Excellent project management and time management skills. Good business judgment and problem-solving skills; attention to detail and excellent process orientation.
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills.
- Ability to operate with degree of independence while communicating and interacting within team environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment where not all processes and procedures are clearly defined. Agility to change directions quickly as needed.
Education and Experience
- Ability to identify issues, set strategy and implement solutions, with common sense, practical application of policies and regulations, and high level of judgment.
- Bachelor's degree from recognized institution
- MBA, CPA or JD (or equivalent) desirable but not required
- 7+ years' experience in the compliance, legal, finance, audit and/or forensic audit fields
- Knowledge of foreign language/s is a plus
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientationor veteran status.We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.