Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
The following positionis open in Clermont, KY., -Financial Analyst - KY Capital ReportingWhat makes this a great opportunity? Exciting opportunity to learn about capital investing within bourbon manufacturing!
We are looking for a high potential candidate to help track and analyze our expanding capital program. In this role you will collaborate with Distillery, Warehousing, Bottling, and Engineering teams to develop and communicate financial expectations related to capital. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with foundational business acumen and a willingness to operate cross-functionally. Role Responsibilities
This role supports capital planning for the Clermont, Booker Noe, and Frankfort campuses. Responsibilities of the role include:
Qualifications & Experience
- Reporting & Forecasting - Ensure the completeness and accuracy of forecasts and budgets to drive stronger decision making around investing and cash management. Provide commentary on variance drivers to plans.
- Capital Authorization - facilitate capital approvals by socializing projects in pipeline and informing key stakeholders about investments.
- Capital Closures - Assist in timely closure of completed projects. Allocate project spend to new asset additions with appropriate asset class and useful life.
- Fixed Asset Ledger - Maintain the asset ledger through clean master data and timely asset retirements. Manage the annual asset count process.
- DCF Analysis - Assist in discounted cash flow analyses to build business cases for new investments.
- Design Reviews - attend design review presentations to understand project scope and financial risks and opportunities.
- Other - Track expense on capital spending; Build depreciation schedules; Support reporting enablement initiatives; Support audit procedures and inquiries; Month-end reporting.
Education -Finance, Accounting, or equivalent degree
Certifications/Licensure -MBA or CPA preferred, not required
Years of experience -2+ years work experience in Finance / Accounting
Level of experience -individual contributor or supervisor
Industry experience - Strong desire. Preferably within distillation and / or maturing inventory
Travel: 5 - 10%
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.