Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Executive AssistantWhat makes this a great opportunity?
The primary objective of this role is to provide administrative, organizational and logistics support directly to Beam Suntory's Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary. The position requires a person who can prepare and handle highly sensitive and confidential information with maximum discretion and diplomacy. Candidates must possess considerable initiative, independent judgment, a capability to manage multiple priorities, strong attention to detail and a continuous learning and improvement mentality. The position also requires a person who has a highly developed customer service, business-first orientation and a proven ability to work across a global multicultural diverse organization. The successful candidate will be required to interact effectively and proactively at all organizational levels, including the C-suite and Board of Directors. Role Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Adeptly handle calendars, appointments and meeting schedules.
- Manage teleconference, video conference and physical meeting space logistics.
- Prepare for and coordinate Beam Suntory Board of Director meetings, including arrangement of meeting sites, catering, AV, ground and air transportation, hotel accommodations and other matters.
- Assist in the preparation of Board of Director documentation, including notices, itineraries and meeting materials.
- Manage all aspects of domestic and international travel arrangements for the General Counsel and senior team members, including visa applications, coordinating closely with the travel department and using Concur.
- Thoroughly plan and handle all logistics for on/offsite Legal Department meetings as required, including securing transportation, hotel reservations, meeting space, all food and beverage and AV needs.
- Assist in preparing presentation materials, correspondence and other draft documentation under direction of the General Counsel and senior team members.
- Undertake related duties as assigned, which may include timely and accurate expense report processing, budget preparation, preparing purchase requisitions, ordering products and services, and managing department office supplies.
- Perform gatekeeper role for external legal inquiries and correspondence.
- Demonstrate teamwork with other administrative professionals inside and outside the Legal Department in addressing issues in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- High school graduate required (Bachelor's degree or business school courses preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years of previous executive assistant experience required, preferably including a corporate legal department and/or law firm setting.
- Thorough knowledge of executive administrative procedures; strong verbal communications skills; excellent grammar and other business English and written/composition skills.
- Top-notch computer experience including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be flexible and agile when plans change and show calm under pressure to adapt to those changes.
- Must be culturally astute, demonstrate an inclusive mindset, and have substantial experience working with international team members and counterparties.
- Strong ability to prioritize effectively in line with the guidance of the General Counsel and senior team members and understand key focus areas.
- Attention to detail; unquestioned personal integrity and capability to maintain confidentiality; a demonstrated ability to effectively interact at all organizational levels including C-Suite executives, global leaders and corporate directors; an intense customer service and people orientation, and the willingness to introduce creative ideas in pursuit of continuous improvement.
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US salaried employees in our offices and commercial field roles as a condition of employment, subject to medical/religious exemptions.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.