Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Director of Strategy - Bourbon and TequilaWhat makes this a great opportunity?
This position is a member of the Finance & Strategy - Global Brands team. This role supports the Global Brand organization and partners across the Beam Suntory Global Finance and Marketing community.
Key responsibilities include providing exemplary finance business support and business partnering to the MD of the Brand House and his/her teams as they set their brand's strategic agendas and create plans to improve their financial performance through providing financial support to brand teams during the strategic planning process.
Opportunity to join a dynamic team and provide decision support to the President of Brand and Global Brands leadership team. The role is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable finance experience in a fast-paced environment, drive process improvements, and can be a stepping-stone to future opportunities across the organization. It is also a great opportunity to be part of a team going through a major transformational change, designing a new Operating Model and implementing new processes, measures, strategies and decision-making models.Role Responsibilities
- Support the House MDs in developing strategic plans on annual basis (12-year brand plans and 3-year growth plans)
- Work with the pricing strategy team to support the brand strategic goals, including competitive benchmarking and pricing ranges within expressions
- Work with cross functional teams to understand brand growth objectives and drivers and to assess potential operational related risks.
- Evaluate the cost benefit of various commercial and operational options and recommend optimized solutions that maximize profitable long-term growth
- Lead analysis and project management for major strategic initiatives, including: regional growth strategies, channel structuring, innovations, resource optimization and market prioritization
- Lead the House work on MBC (Monozukuri-Brand-Consumer), ensuring all aspects of total brand value (supply, quality, equity, experiences, etc...) are optimized to grow Brand Value Ratio (ROICproxy); this includes procurement strategies (especially for Tequila); Capex planning and alignment with MBC stakeholders; Kentucky and Tequila footprint expansion projects
- Work with brand teams early in the innovation process to flag potential roadblocks
- Help drive annual strategic planning process
Qualifications & Experience
- Monitor industry and competitive trends to identify new opportunities in order to accelerate growth and to flag areas of potential risk that require mitigation
- Preparation of key presentations to senior management, Corporate or SHD
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a corporate environment
- Experience working with a variety of senior leaders
- International experience is preferred, but not essential
- Consulting experience will be an advantage
- Specific commercial experience in spirits or branded consumer products businesses
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.