Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Director Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - EIG/CouncilsWhat makes this a great opportunity?
Beam Suntory is the world's third largest premium spirits company with annual revenues of $5 billion and a clear 2030 ambition to become the world's most admired and fastest growing premium spirits company.
Beam Suntory is in the midst of an exciting business and culture transformation across a number of fundamental dimensions:
- Evolution to become brand-led, balanced with commercial and market excellence
- Commitment to further premiumize the portfolio
- Global business, process and ways of working Integration from a more disparate multi-country approach
- Focus on building a Gemba-centric, inclusive culture
- Strong commitment to accelerate its diversity, equity and inclusion efforts across the organization
As a world leader in premium spirits, Beam Suntory inspires human connections. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for the company's brands, including the iconic Jim Beam and Maker's Mark Bourbon brands, Suntory Whisky Kakubin and Courvoisier Cognac, as well as world-renowned premium brands including Knob Creek,Basil Hayden'sand Legent Bourbon; Yamazaki, Hakushu, Hibiki and Toki Japanese Whisky; Teacher's, Laphroaig and Bowmore Scotch Whisky; Canadian Club Whisky; Hornitos and Sauza Tequila; EFFEN, Haku and Pinnacle Vodka; and Sipsmith and Roku Gin.
Beam Suntory was created in 2014 by combining the world leader in bourbon and the pioneer in Japanese whisky to form a new company with a deep heritage, passion for quality, innovative spirit and vision of Growing for Good.Headquartered inChicago, Illinois, Beam Suntory is a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings Limited of Japan.Our culture is anchored deeply in a set of cor e values, including our East-Meets-West Culture, Yatte Minahare spirit, Giving Back to Society, Delighting Consumers, responsibly and Embracing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Role Responsibilities Responsibilities
An inclusive company promotes and sustains a sense of belonging; it practices respect for the talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of living of its members. The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Director will lead the organization in creating a climate of inclusion and supportive work/learning environments. This role interfaces with all levels of team members and leadership to execute diversity and inclusion strategies and drive change initiatives across the system to optimize organizational potential.
Reporting directly to the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, this highly visible role will focus on the following:
Employee Impact Groups
- Lead global DEI initiatives, strategy development and implementation through leadership and project teams and multiple Employee Impact Groups & International Workstreams. Serve as the leader and the conduit that brings all the work together to drive our long-term DE&I ambitions and a cohesive strategy.
- Creates and supports the execution of enrichment activities that reinforce an inclusive company culture and help to achieve DEI objectives.
- Manage and/or oversee diversity programs and services, including the DEI Council(s) and Employee Impact Groups (EIGs), to develop an understanding of inclusion and diversity among all team members.
- Partner with Communications DEI manager on Internal and External DEI communications to share work/progress/best practices across EIGs, DEI Council and international workstreams with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop relationships with local and national community leaders by representing Beam Suntory at civic, professional meetings, and conferences as well as facilitating connections for others in the organization, EIGS and DEI Councils
- Allocation of Time:
- 65% support of Employee Impact Groups, EIG strategy, governance, DEI council(s), and EIG related community partnerships
- 20% global join up to international workstreams and facilitating quarter global check-ins to tracking progress, updates, and best practice sharing.
- 15% Partner with Suntory Holdings to facilitate DEI alignment & collaboration
Qualifications & Experience
- Create global join-up and governance across international workstreams, EIGs and DEI Council(s)
- Lead oversight of EIGs and their leadership teams, ensuring alignment and integration of EIG plans with overall business objectives.
- Purposefully build cohesion between the US / NA EIGs and the Kentucky EIGs, while at the same time developing programs and best practices that can be shared and leveraged more broadly throughout the organization.
- Manage EIG metrics and activities to include: Planning and execution of EIG Events; Developing EIG performance metrics dashboard; Identification of EIG opportunities using survey feedback; Evaluation of EIG Leadership team strengths and weakness in order to provide targeted coaching and assistance.
- Collaborates with EIG leadership, DEI Councils, Executive Sponsors, and Community Engagement teams to develop new opportunities to drive business outcomes, execute strategies for retention and engagement, promotion of diverse talent, and diverse talent acquisition.
- Oversees and approves EIG budget and event spending.
- A passion for DEI work, and a demonstrated awareness and understanding of diversity in all its facets including cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, educational, age, sexual orientation, linguistic, professional, ability, veteran status and other differences that make us unique.
- Demonstrated experience and desire to build a culture of belonging in the workplace.
- A culture disrupter and innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action.
- Strong team facilitation skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills; communication and information management; ability to represent the company externally on DEI panels and other forums.
- Self-reliant, a good problem solver who leverages outside-in thinking and best practices, results-oriented, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, globally matrixed environment.
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive-but be able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Highly proficient at developing and delivering communications for Leadership and external stakeholders
- Influences and collaborates cross-functionally to create alignment, momentum and achieve goals
- Demonstrated track record of Community Engagement
- Experience in facilitating/leading work groups, and process teams
- A bachelor's degree in Business, HR or similar field.
- A combined 10+ years of experience in business- and/or DEI-related roles.
Up to 25% of time across the US, the world and our operations Note
- In an effort to slow down the spread of the COVID 19 virus, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for all US Salariedemployees as a condition of employment subject to medical/religious exemptions.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.