Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Director, Business AnalyticsWhat makes this a great opportunity?
As a world leader in premium spirits, Beam Suntory inspires human connections. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for the company's brands, including the iconic Jim Beam and Maker's Mark Bourbon brands, Suntory WhiskyKakubinand Courvoisier Cognac, as well as world renowned premium brands including Knob Creek,Basil Hayden'sandLegentBourbon; Yamazaki,Hakushu,Hibikiand Toki Japanese Whisky; Teacher's, Laphroaig and Bowmore Scotch Whisky; Canadian Club Whisky; Hornitos and Sauza Tequila; EFFEN, Haku and Pinnacle Vodka; andSipsmithand Roku Gin.
Beam Suntory was created in 2014 by combining the world leader in bourbon and the pioneer in Japanese whisky to form a new company with a deep heritage, passion for quality, innovative spirit and vision of Growing for Good.Headquartered inChicago, Illinois, Beam Suntory is a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings Limited of Japan.Our culture is anchored deeply in a set of core values, including our East-Meets-West Culture,YatteMinaharespirit, Giving Back to Society, Delighting Consumers, responsibly and Embracing Diversity & Inclusion.Role Responsibilities
Beam Suntory has committed to a 5-stage Global Sales&OperationsPlanning(S&OP)Process to supportthe new Brand House Operating model.The S&OP Process isan enterprise-wideintegrated business planningprocess(IBP)for Beam Suntory to manage the delivery of its business goals and commitments over the3-year strategic planning process.TheDirector,Business Analyticspositionis a criticalrolein Beam Suntory's commitment tothe S&OP process to achieve ourgrowth ambitions and financial goals over the 3-year strategic planning horizon. This position is essential inmanagingthe long term andshort-termforecasting process for major brands within theBeam Suntoryportfolio.The role willserve as a liaison between cross functional business partners to ensure that all forecasts are accurate and necessary inputs gathered. You will ensure successful fore thought in forecasting andtake ownershipto drive the business results.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Business Intelligence- Leading Business Intelligence activities your focus will be aroundin-marketsalesanalytics &forecasting, andcompetitiveinsights &actions.
- Strategic Partnerships- This position will require working closely with the Commercial Team (Sales/ Marketing / Finance / Supply Chain) on forecasting and analytics. Collaborating withCommercial Team, you will work to address demand & supply imbalances, allocation methodologies, and inventorystrategies.
- Shipment / Consumption Modeling- You will leadbest in class statisticalmodeling activities as well as assumption and root-cause analysis insights. Leading analysis ofkey business performance drivers,demandbuilding blocks, and shipment forecasts will be imperative.
- Data Analytics- Providing fact-based analytics will be key to your success. You will be responsible for leadingall analyticsthat support the S&OP process. In conjunction with cross-functional business partners, you will provide data/insights that drive actions and decisions in the execution ofbusinessplans.
- NA S&OP Business Transformation Program: CollaboratewithGlobal S&OPCoE/BPO team to develop the roadmap will encompass cross-functional projects that cover:
- DemandProcess improvementsbased on insights from KPIs and external best practices
- Systems functionalitydriven by the process design and knowledge of advancements in digital technology
- Organization change managementdefining new ways of working and talent development & training based on the implementation of process and system improvements
- Continuous Improvement: Leveragingbusiness metrics and KPIsand insights from Global S&OPCoE/BPO regarding best practices and external benchmarksto define improvement opportunities. Support the development of the business case required for project approval, which will include IT and resource investments.
- People Management: Set goals for direct reports. Lead talent assessment and developmentfor theNA S&OP team. Fosterstrong engagementby proactively embracingour Beam Suntory leadership behaviors and our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion.
This position will report to theSenior Director, NA and US S&OPandwork directly with the North America Region's leadership team. This position is accountable for the monthlystatistical forecast that drive the businessin direct partnership with theSales and Finance.Reporting to this position will be:Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years ofdemonstratedoperational performance in leadingBusiness AnalyticsProcess for amajorBusiness Unit for a CPG or Spirits companyin North America
- Experience with SAP ECC and SAP APO
- Strong knowledge in Digital Technology
- Strong knowledge in S&OP best practicesand proven application of these practices
- Demonstrated performance in leading S&OPcontinuous improvement
- Outstanding capabilities in developing talent
- Demonstrated focus on team goals vs individual accomplishments- "we over me"
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highlycollaborative and development of business partnerships
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Highly effective conflict resolution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional facilitation skills
- Demonstrated flexibility in easily moving between strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Operations Research, Data Science, Supply Chain Management or comparable degree
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.