Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
The following positionis open in Chicago, IL., -Data Scientist - Supply PlanningWhat makes this a great opportunity?
As a world leader in premium spirits, Beam Suntory inspires human connections. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for the company's brands, including the iconic Jim Beam and Maker's Mark Bourbon brands, Suntory Whisky Kakubin and Courvoisier Cognac, as well as world renowned premium brands including Knob Creek,Basil Hayden'sand Legent Bourbon; Yamazaki, Hakushu, Hibiki and Toki Japanese Whisky; Teacher's, Laphroaig and Bowmore Scotch Whisky; Canadian Club Whisky; Hornitos and Sauza Tequila; EFFEN, Haku and Pinnacle Vodka; and Sipsmith and Roku Gin.
Beam Suntory was created in 2014 by combining the world leader in bourbon and the pioneer in Japanese whisky to form a new company with a deep heritage, passion for quality, innovative spirit and vision of Growing for Good.Headquartered inChicago, Illinois, Beam Suntory is a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings Limited of Japan.Our culture is anchored deeply in a set of cor e values, including our East-Meets-West Culture, Yatte Minahare spirit, Giving Back to Society, Delighting Consumers, responsibly and Embracing Diversity & Inclusion. Role Responsibilities
The Data Scientist - Supply Planning role combines a background in Sales & Operations Planning (Integrated Business Planning - IBP) with a deep understanding of data science. The Data Scientist will be self-motivated and exhibit excellent critical thinking skills, the ability to synthesize complex problems and create solutions. The ideal candidate will have more than just knowledge or skill set, as they also have a "can do" and "we over me" mindset to find solutions. This position will collaborate with the Supply Planning Analytics, S&OP CoE and Leadership, Regional S&OP teams, IT, and Commercial in the BUs across all three global regions to support the data and analytics needs for the implementation of the business transformation program. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualifications & Experience
- Partner with Global S&OP functional areas (Supply Planning, Commercial, and Fulfillment) to optimize our processes as part of the Global Supply Planning team.
- Implement process improvement initiatives that drive improvements to the metrics and streamline the Supply Chain
- Utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, optimize processes, and develop automation
- Manage the analytics platform, build capabilities, support global user adoption of analytics and process adherence, develop and maintain technical documentation; work closely with IT for Data Engineering
- Work closely with the technical community to drive an SAP IBP team of business users globally, allowing for internal problem-solving capabilities, a high degree of end-user acceptance
- Partner with the business to understand the market segmentation strategies and develop visualization, models using machine learning (e.g. classification, clustering, regression) incorporating ABC-XYZ segmentation, and statistical analysis methods such as time-series analysis, statistical inference
- Desgin and integrate a global Inventory Management to provide end-to end Supply Chain visibility to Deep dive large into demand/supply planning and supply chain data to explain change, develop insights, and provide business recommendations to improve attainment, adherence, inventory management , and other key metrics.
- Perform exploratory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data, and identify patterns
- Lead and mentor a team of data scientists, and analysts
- Process structured, unstructured and semi-structured data and apply data cleaning
- Advanced Degree or equivalent experience in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics
- 3-5+ years of experience with at least 2+ years in experience in a supply chain discipline with demonstrated End to End understanding of Supply Chain interdependencies for a CPG or Spirits company.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, written and verbal communication skills across many levels of the organization.
- communications and presenting to senior leadership.
- Experience with S&OP Planning tools like SAP IBP, SAP APO (DP and SNP) highly preferred
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, SAP HANA strongly preferred
- Strong experience with Python/R, SQL, Power BI, Tableau
- Experience with operations research, statistics, linear programming, constraint programming. 3+ years of hands-on experience in developing and deploying optimization, predictive and prescriptive, machine learning models
- Ability to use collaborative programming tools like Git
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing requirements
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.