Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
The following positionis open in Chicago, Illinois -Customer Collaboration Manager, NA & RTDWhat makes this a great opportunity?
At Beam Suntory, we believe in hard work, a fun environment, and the kind of creativity and innovation that only comes about when talented people from diverse backgrounds approach problems for varying perspectives.
The Supply Chain Team at Beam Suntory is looking for a dynamic and motivated candidate for the role of Customer Collaboration Manager, with a focus on supporting our National Accounts and Ready-to-Drink businesses. Given the scope of these organizational areas (responsibilities spanning all markets and project support critical to business growth), as well as the expanding RTD business, the distinct focus and visibility of this role will drive proper supply chain support. The Ideal candidate must be passionate about day-to-day interfacing with internal and external customers at all levels and across regions. This position will support the O2C process and focus on improving internal and external customer experience, through continuous improvement efforts. Must be self-directed and motivated with strong analytical, leadership and management skills, in order to coordinate a variety of activities and complexities, spanning across the organization. The role requires skills to influence decisions and facilitate change management through collaboration and leadership. It is essential for the candidate to be able to act as a liaison between the different business areas in order to gain alignment to drive end customer needs, shaping and delivering engagement of the customer and playing a significant role in influencing the overall customer strategic plan. Role Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Act as point person within the Collaboration Team, to manage responsibilities across regions, with specific focus on these critical areas of business.
- Communicate thoughtful, customized solutions that reduce barriers and allow customers to effectively grow our brands within their business.
- Visibility to and focus of inventory/launch status on market-critical SKUs will construct brand equity and grow depletion and NSV opportunities within the business.
- Initiate and effectively resolve customer or internal conflicts that are impacting the performance of BSI and/or customer by taking ownership, analyzing root cause and bring to an effective and sustainable resolution.
- Optimize and continually improve the Order to Cash process and available technology (i.e. Salesforce, Tableau, HANA, SAP), working closely with IT and global peers, support development of roadmap to capitalize upon future opportunities that ultimately enhances the customer experience. Develop focused reporting and dashboards specific to NA and RTD business to drive opportunities for growth.
- Lead the collaborative efforts with key BSI Support (Finance, GBS, GC) and SC teams (logistics, planning and operations) along with Commercial and Customer partnership to continually drive and deliver "Best in Class" service levels. Create cross-functional linkage and understanding on special requirements to manage key projects, including innovations and customer-based (i.e. Walmart, Costco, and restaurant chains).
- Manage monthly cross functional and Customer meetings and reporting with customer scorecard highlighting KPI review, update on project status and identification of gaps and required actions to close gaps to improve service levels.
- Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in order/distributor management activity and procedures when they occur within the global Supply Chain.
- Support IT and Supply Chain initiatives and new process implementations with awareness of impact to customer and internal procedures. Assist with project implementation and support end results through KPI monitoring.
- Maximize the use of technology (i.e. Salesforce, Tableau, Hana, SAP) and join up with IT to develop solutions and look for future opportunities to expand or enhance managing the customer experience.
- Manage and coordinate with Supply Chain functions of our various operating units on stock control, forecasting, order management, warehousing and distribution activities influenced by or reliant upon order activities. Leverage S&OE to support inventory visibility (internally and at distributor level) for NA and RTD teams.
- Individual will support and may be responsible for recruiting, hiring, setting goals and coaching where applicable to effectively meet the requirements of the team
- Five to eight or more in Supply Chain and/ or Customer Service leadership experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in business related discipline or equivalent experience (MBA a plus).
- Understands the principles of order/distributor management, best practice customer service and/or supply chain planning, with an ability to translate this knowledge into real life practical application.
- Ability to work cross functionality with other operations teams as well as Sales and Finance. Develop and maintain cross-functional partnerships with other business management to ensure customer issues are resolved.
- Strong executive presence, comfortable with providing key deliverables and updates across all levels of management.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated, able to function effectively when working independently or in a team.
- Aptitude for synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly.
- Ability to maintain poise and a positive attitude in challenging, fast paced, and rapidly changing environment.
- Proven process improvement skills (Six Sigma is a plus with natural curiosity and desire to understand how things work).
- Ability to think strategically and execute on operational strategies to make definitive and measurable improvement.
- Core functional skills: Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics, Sales Support, Business Process mapping, and Project Management.
- Passion and drive with great sense of urgency. We are looking for someone with tremendous self-belief, motivation, and drive to be successful leading within a short time. Excellence should be a habit for the successful candidate. Able to plan, organize, multitask, and prioritize workload.
- Capable to maintain composure, resilience and flexibility as customer needs evolve and through various changes within our and their organization.
- Express ideas clearly, inform others effectively, practice attentive and active listening, and achieve mutual understanding through written and verbal communication as a competent and articulate writer of business communication, presentations and proposals.
- Comfortable working independently and operationally, ensuring current procedures, policies, and processes are being followed and strategically leading the customer support to continuously improve ways of working and service levels.
- Possess a high degree of business acumen.
- Work well with the broader teams and keeps composure under pressure of deadlines.
- Able to work proactively and on own initiative.
- Embrace organizational changes within the working environment and assist others to ensure adoption.
- Needs to be a good communicator to superiors and subordinates and have a personality that works well to create a corporative and synergistic atmosphere.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.