Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Credit Analyst
The following positionis open in Kentucky , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
- This individual plays an important role in the operational management of Beam Suntory's accounts receivable asset, as part of a global team to maximize cash flow
- Collaborate with key customers and regional management, empowered to develop solutions for customer concerns and disputes
- The Accounts Receivable department is well positioned to deliver value to current and potential business, working across geographic boundaries to support Beam Suntory's global strategy
- This is a high-paced role that provides significant insight into operations and an excellent platform for career development in credit management
The Credit and Collections Analyst is responsible for the account management of invoiced amounts for the Americas region. This includes financial assessments as well as day to day collection efforts which address root cause of delays in the order to cash cycle. This individual directly interfaces with internal and external customers to resolve account discrepancies and build long-lasting relationships. The Analyst actively collaborates with peers in Credit, Cash Application, Customer Service, Operations, and Sales to identify and resolve issues and potential cash flow problems. This role reports to the Credit Manager, Americas in Beam Suntory's Global Business Services.
Qualifications & Experience
- Performs daily collection activities such as contacting customers for payment, sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due amounts, monitoring cash receipts, and fielding incoming calls
- Submits clear and concise risk assessments explaining the business opportunity, financial strength, and key risk areas of the company. Excellent business writing skills are essential.
- Maintains high level performance of the Americas customer portfolio, driving process improvement in the end to end Order to Cash Cycle
- Collaborates with multiple departments to evaluate and resolve root causes for recurring account discrepancies
- Enhances the end-to-end deduction cycle and works towards ideal state of process flows
- Structures and owns deduction resolution strategies to identify and process account adjustments
- Maintains accurate records including notes on customer communication and follow up plans
- Creates financial reports relating to account receivable, portfolio risk, and cash flow forecasting
- Audits methods and procedures of the accounts receivable function to improve efficiency
- Assists Credit Manager in the evaluation of credit risk and credit recommendations
- Engages in projects and process improvement initiatives as assigned by the Credit Manager
- University degree- BS/BA or equivalent
- 2-3 years managing customer accounts in a financial services or vendor credit environment
- Working knowledge of commercial credit laws and trading practices with third parties
- Proficiency with Windows and MS Office including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to travel regionally (minimal travel expected- less than 5%)
- Experience managing government accounts and high deduction receivables
- SAP account management including expertise in key accounts receivable functions
- Beverage or spirits industry background
- Foreign language is highly valued (Spanish, French, Portuguese)
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US salaried employees in our offices and commercial field roles as a condition of employment, subject to medical/religious exemptions.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.