Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Commercial Strategy Manager
The following positionis open in Illinois , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
- This individual will be involved in a variety of high-impact, high profile strategy projects to deliver our growth aspirations.
- This individual will have a material impact on the regional route-to-market strategy and structure in support of our growth ambitions
- This role provides the opportunity to help define winning strategies that impact C-level conversations, with timely implementation of recommendations
- There will be various opportunities to formally and informally mentor other team members within the Commercial Strategy
- This individual will have the opportunity to work on a broad variety of projects providing exposure to commercial, marketing and finance functions, paving the way for future career opportunities
This position will report to the Director, Commercial Strategy with significant exposure to the Sr. Director, Commercial Strategy and Planning, the VP, North American Strategy as well as Commercial, Marketing, and Finance Leadership across the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
This role will drive our commercial insights, strategy and strategic initiative execution inclusive of the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience
- Develop Beam Suntory's U.S. Commercial Strategy
- Identify drivers of our business, data-driven expectations for how they will change going forward, and implications on the business
- Guide development of channel level forecasts and develop supporting strategy that will inform executive leadership's growth objectives
- Develop recommendations for effectiveness of our market execution strategies (e.g., focus on distribution vs. velocity)
- Develop storybords and presentations for the above projects, adapting for varying levels within the organization (e.g., commercial team vs. executive leadership)
- Manage U.S. Route to Market design and Distributor strategy
- Lead assessments aimed at defining winning strategies with distributors and identifying commercial requirements to support growth objectives
- Test hypotheses through analytical rigor, collaborating across the company to ensure inclusion and data integrity
- Conduct ad hoc strategic support pertaining to distributor performance, contract adherence and standard creation, and other key distributor initiatives
- Assess and optimize organizational effectiveness
- Conduct interviews and develop materials for workshops with cross-functional teams to evaluate capability / resource gaps
- Develop frameworks / solutions that drive "out of the box" solutions for the gaps
- Identify performance drivers to ensure resource optimization
- Guide development of ROI for investment proposals to be presented to executive-level audience
- As needed, support the implementation and monitoring of recommended strategies
- Execute ad hoc strategy initiatives - this team is the one-stop-shop for developing Beam Suntory's commercial strategy, meaning new / interesting projects are constantly surfacing!
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and analytically focused
- Detail oriented, focus on accuracy
- 2-3 yrs. experience in industry or similar function
- Anaplan and/or GoSpotCheck experience a plus, but not required
- Travel 5%
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US salaried employees in our offices and commercial field roles as a condition of employment, subject to medical/religious exemptions.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.