Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Chemist/MicrobiologistWhat makes this a great opportunity?
- Conduct and share direct involvement in team based technical project initiatives involving personnel at multiple levels of corporate and manufacturing environments. These technical projects including analytical testing and instrumental analysis to drive or support research & development projects and production support initiatives in line with global business goals.While the role will support all BSI products and processes, the primary focus will be on microbiological testing and methods to insure ready to drink (RTD) production quality.
Qualifications & Experience
- Analyze global co-manufacturing samples for adherence to specificationincluding bacterial and other microbiological testing to insure product stability and the overall costumer experience.
- Check RTD microbiological testing such as bacteria content for production in GIC R&D processing
- Annual review of water specifications & co-manufacturing water analysis results for any microbiological concerns with follow-up to rectify discrepancies and minimize potential future issues.
- Recommend microbiological tests and acceptable limits for specification developmentfor new RTD and Co-manufactured products
- Provide technical advice to region owners and co-manufacturers on microbiological testing needs, instrumentation, and methodology
- Recommend, plan, and perform any microbiological testing for the development of new ingredient specifications and R&D Ingredient/Material Qualification
- Development of RTD formula/finished product microbiological testing plans including methods and testing requirements for stability testing plan within the development process, guidance with challenge testing as needed, and for assurance of product stability during and after the production process.
- Conduct routine and non-routine laboratory testing to support technical project initiatives relating to anti-counterfeiting, quality, manufacturing support, and cost reduction.
- Conduct testing that will lead to individual Chemist certifications, or support other lab personnel, in compliance with TTB requirements for certificates of analysis for export of all bulk materials and finished products.
- Collect, analyze, and report analytical and related data from technical activities along with information from other technical functions including engineering, manufacturing quality teams, efficiency improvement teams to give leadership the ability to make informed recommendations for next steps in programs within technical areas of responsibility.
- Achieve the timely completion of assigned projects. Be the "in the laboratory" and "at the GEMBA" collaboration role model in "getting work done" that leads to creative problem solving to drive projects from inception through completion.
- Coordinate and perform laboratory workflow and support peer's workflow in the laboratory.
- Prepare and analyze samples for new and non-routine analysis and train other team members to do the same. Perform computer statistical data analysis and prepare final report of results using various software programs. Provide data analysis reports that lead to supervisor sharing of information with internal and external stakeholders and government agencies.
- Maintain clear professional development plans including all required training internal and external.
- Carryout the development and validation of new methods of sample analysis and integrate new technology into current analytical practices.
- Identify the physical, analytical and connection toorganoleptic properties of new industry ingredients to assist use in new product development.
- Use data generated from these activities for leadership to have the information needed to solve business goal related problems that provide a measureable and meaningful company benefit.
- Learn and maintain working knowledge of pertinent governmental regulations, plant and lab operations, and new test methodologies. Validate methods that allow relevant new technologies to be applied to manufacturing facilities where is assists in achieving business manufacturing goals.
- Regularly write reports, give presentations, and be an active member partnering within cross functional teams.
- Clearly communicate technical and quality findings and recommendations to a diverse audience.
- Investigate and determine the cause of internal and external complaints. Make recommendations for the prevention and correction actions of these complaints.
- Adhere to and promotes quality, environmental, health and safety as one of the organization's business priorities. Contribute to corporate laboratory safety in terms of good laboratory practices, training, and continuous awareness.
- B.S. Degree in scientific field required and advanced degree preferred in chemistry or microbiology preferred.Minimum 2 years experience utilizing analytical chemistry or related Scientific Discipline in or supporting a manufacturing setting.
- Must be experienced using personal computers in the laboratory environment for data handling and instrument control.
- Experience in technical, R&D or QA environment; beverage, ready to drink, food or consumer products experience is preferred.
- Experience is collaborating with co-manufacturing quality teams is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and partner with peers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to effectively and safely perform routine and advanced lab testing and operate standard laboratory equipment.
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US salaried employees in our offices and commercial field roles as a condition of employment, subject to medical/religious exemptions
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.