Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Associate Regulatory Specialist
The following positionis open in Clermont, Kentucky , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
- The alcohol /beverage industry is an exciting, dynamic, and fast paced business. Beam Suntory is a top player in the spirits business and focused on driving both category and brand growth
- This individual will serve as an integral part of the Regulatory team and provide global regulatory guidance throughout all stages of new product development and amendments from ideation to post launch for low to medium complex projects
- Collaborate with a diverse network of leaders across the organization to commercialize products
- As part of the Global R&D team, ability to provide input and influence overall global process improvements
Qualifications & Experience
- Provides and delivers Regulatory Compliance to enable BSI brand and projects, including ingredient compliance, finished product compliance, registrations, and approval of artwork graphical labels.
- Reviews, provides early guidance and solutions, and approves product formulas for sale in a desired market as well as formula specification for regulatory compliance, with coaching from others.
- Collaborates with Global Regulatory Brand, Product Development, and cross functional partners to proactively plan, advance, and find solutions to meet business requirements.
- Proactively manages own time, plans, and prioritizes work to deliver on the needs of the project task deadlines, leveraging manger and Global Regulatory Brand leads for support.
- Aligns to clear due dates with each requestor, tracking work, communicating variances from expectations and proactive providing options for ways to move forward. Elevates challenges while bringing solutions to meet task deadlines to project management, and Global Regulatory Brand Lead.
- Proactively communicates with manager, and key partners, providing updates, informs, and tracks through documentation project work advancement. Communicates with other BSI and external personnel as needed, such as marketing, ingredient, and equipment suppliers, to facilitate work.
- Accountable to elevate challenges, while brining solutions, to enable business deliverables.
- Interprets and provides guidance and options for global government regulations applicable to industry standards, with coaching and mentoring of others, and utilization of external tools.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for product import and export per required policies.
- Accountable for regulatory specifications in global specification system and ensures specification are accurate for local market.
- Respond to internal product inquiries as well as customer inquiries routed through customer service as assigned.
- Manage and lead Global Regulatory programs (i.e. consumer inquiries, documentation programs) that support the Global Regulatory Strategy.
- Participates in team building within Global R&D, broader Beam Suntory initiatives, and external seminars for engagement and development.
- Consistent and clear communication appropriate for project scope.
- Continuous improvement mindset and ability to learn from past projects and find ways to reduce complexity within the regulatory team
- Participates in Global Regulatory organizational optimization teams / committees to enable continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in a science or technical field preferred
- Ideal candidate h as 5 plus years of Regulatory experience in a Food, Beverage, Alcohol, OTC, and/or CPG company. Global experience a strong plus.
- Knowledge of TTB formula and label regulations desired
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations as they relate to alcoholic beverages a plus
- Desire to help build and maintain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture within Global R&D and broader Beam Suntory
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.