OtherView Full Profile
About The Position
Job Title: Account Manager
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Family: Sales
Job Type: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Department: Sales and Account Management
Reports to: Director of Account Management
Location: Boulder, CO
Salary Range: $65,900 - $98,880
Job Summary: Account Managers are the primary points of contact with clients and they drive both retention and revenue by being proactive, positive, and attentive to client needs. Our account management unit is fast-paced, collaborative, and constantly innovating to deliver the best possible service. A typical day will involve handling numerous (conflicting) client requests, deriving insights out of the newest data release, troubleshooting technical problems, and reaching out to several client accounts. This is a fast-paced and intense job that requires attention to detail, a can-do attitude, and the ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
If you’re selected for this position, you’ll be joining the cannabis industry’s premier market research firm and representing the company to clients around the world. Your colleagues will keep you on your toes, sometimes literally when we break for lunchtime yoga. If yoga’s not your thing you can challenge a world-class trail runner to a race before work before diving into an analysis of the fastest trending products in dispensaries in California (or Nevada or Oregon or Maryland...) in time for a call with the innovation director at a global CPG company.
If you thrive under pressure, enjoy multi-tasking, and enjoy constant challenges keep reading as this might be a good fit. Alternatively, if you’re scared to make mistakes, think there’s only one way to do anything, or waiting on someone to tell you what to do, then skip on over to the next job in your queue because this one’s too much for you.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop deep client relationships and build trust with managerial and executive staff
- Lead demo and training conversations with senior client staff
- Develop a rapport as a consultative partner. This includes customer needs assessment, communicating value, ensuring engagement, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Deliver revenue growth through account renewals, communicating new product offerings, and adding on services to existing accounts
- Develop deep industry insight and expertise within the cannabis market; become an expert in the industry and provide ongoing value and support to client base, addressing both short term and long-term opportunities and challenges
- Cultivate an understanding of clients’ business and business needs through direct communication and coordinate across multiple divisions within the company to address those needs
- Use strong analytical acumen to interpret data to tell a story or illustrate insights for clients
- Facilitate client onboardings and day-to-day client requests and needs
- Ensure overall client satisfaction by working with multiple groups to ensure data, reports, products and services are best aligned to client needs
- Build and execute client proposals, contracts and other documentation
- Build and maintain all client and pipeline information in our CRM platform
- Prioritize conflicting client requests and company tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Job-related Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a communication, business, science/tech field, or equivalent experience. Military service may substitute for education requirements
- 4+ years in an Account Management, Sales, Client Services, Customer Success, or similar role
Additional Experience Considered:
- Proven track record managing accounts and/or clients in one of the following or similar industries: CPG, Retail, Food & Bev, Alcohol, Tobacco, Cannabis, Financial Services, Software, Pharma
- Prior analysis and/or implementation of consumer or retail insights data
- Prior knowledge of the cannabis industry is NOT a requirement, but interest in learning the industry inside and out is a must
Benefits: Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D coverages. We also provide both Health and Flexible Savings Account benefits, Dependent Care and a 401K with immediate vesting.
Conditions of Employment: Pre-employment background check
Work Environment: Normal office environment
Travel: Up to 20%
BDS Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Reports To Director of Account Managment