About The Position
Barrell Craft Spirits, based in Louisville, Kentucky, is an independent blender of unique, aged, cask strength sourced whiskey and rum, recognized for its blending expertise. We design, produce, and launch Spirits with a focus on what people want now and not what has been successful in the past.
Our goal is to select and blend products that explore different distillation methods, barrels and aging environments, and bottle them at cask strength.
Job Title: Brand Development Manager
The Brand Development Manager is responsible for sales, brand image, executing events, local sales reporting, and fostering key relationships for the company. Focus will be on a unique home territory, extended territory, and, as needed, a set of national responsibilities. The Manager will work independently and in collaboration with a Sr. Brand Development Manager, Director of Sales, and Chief Sales Officer to achieve sales goals while also maintaining and further developing the company identity and accurate sales reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Identify and execute a plan to most cost effectively achieve quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Execute sales strategies while simultaneously planning future strategies
- Plan 1 week out, 1 month out, and several months out to identify a clear path to goals.
- Achieve regional shipment and depletion goals
- Work collaboratively to achieve national shipment and account activation goals.
- Stay connected with and extend further into the network of beverage buyers and influencers around the territory.
- This job is sales focused but maintaining a strong network and reputation will help open doors.
- Work closely with distributors to garner positive attention while properly managing their activities and responsiveness.
- Understand specific laws, policies, and practices regarding alcohol distribution in your market(s).
- Maintain and document close relationships with key sales people. Always be following up and keeping records.
- Respond promptly and articulately to questions and concerns from consumers, accounts, and distributors.
- Acknowledge, address, and document lack of focus and/or follow up from sales people.
- Work creatively to develop and execute brand identity and outreach projects.
- Become an expert in your markets, identify opportunities that the brand might have missed otherwise.
Specific Weekly Expectations:
- Work with the Director of Sales and Sr. Brand Development Manager to plan and execute an average of 3 full, in-market sales days per week.
- Maintain shared active account lists.
- Plan and execute consistent trips to markets within your extended territory.
- Travel with efficiency and sales in mind, covering multiple tasks at a time when possible.
- Be diligent about scheduling as much official time with a distributor as they will commit to.
- Complete quarterly KPI’s as identified by your manager and Chief Sales Officer in the sales bonus compensation plan document.
- Assist retail accounts with sell-through whenever and however possible.
- Plan and execute at least 3 in store tastings, guest shifts, or staff trainings per week. An emphasis should be put on in store tastings. This is most easily done as part of a “market work” day.
- Maintain accurate and timely CRM (VIP) reporting including Karma reports and distribution audits.
- Prepare weekly recaps and quarterly flash reports outlining successes, failures, upcoming work to be done, and new contacts. These recaps are a way of organizing and also on reporting activities. No work will be assumed if it is not reported.
- Bachelor’s degree required‑preferably in Business Administration
- Two to five years’ experience in alcoholic beverage industry
- Sales experience covering multi-states within a Spirits, Wine or Beer Distributor
- Experience working in a 3 tier distribution market preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Docs
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time within your territory
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends as needed
- Strong account management and follow‑up skills
- Previous experience with IDIG and Karma
- Familiarity with product sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be results oriented and thrive in a dynamic, fast‑paced environment
- Ability to work independently, but operate in a team environment
- Results oriented; thrive in a dynamic, fast‑paced environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to consent to a background check post acceptance