About The Position
Company Background: Barnana is an innovative snack food brand specializing in organic banana-based snacks. We are a fast growing, dynamic, and genuine place to work. We support the individual and promote high performers. Our Mission is a better for you which is better for the world in all respects.
Position Summary: Director of Finance/Controller is responsible for external and internal accounting functions. Provides leadership and coordination of Company financial reporting, planning and budget management functions. Ensures Company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
· Manage and support month-end close, reconciliations, payroll, A/P, A/R, billing, and other operational accounting functions, including but not limited to monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, reconciliation of accounts, and G/L analysis.
· Manage Senior Accountant and Staff Accountant.
· Maintain and manage monthly financial reporting and analysis, including MD&A, cost reporting analysis, and other cross-functional reporting.
· Consolidate internal Financial Statements with overseas subsidiary
· Asist in the annual financial planning and forecasting process and drive improvements in efficiency, accuracy, and transparency.
· Maintain and optimize Standard Operating Procedures to support a high-growth organization.
· Ensure timely and accurate internal financial reporting and analysis, including actionable financial analyses to leadership. Work with leadership to ensure these reports are aiding them in managing their areas of responsibility.
· Model best practices in all areas of the accounting and financial process in accordance with GAAP; collaborating with team members to analyze and streamline processes both internally and externally
· Oversee the preparation of sales and property tax filings.
· Assist in managing insurance programs both internally and externally.
· Manage annual financial audit.
· Prepare rolling weekly cash flow forecast.
· Additional controller-related duties as required.
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business required, CPA preferred .
· 2+ years of auditor experience, 6+ years relevant experience.
· Experience completing and/or preparing records for due diligence and/or external audits.
· Self-driven and able to work in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
· Able to identify, proactively opportunities for improvement and make recommendations on their implementation.
· Experience with Quickbooks, and Bill.com preferred
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate technical accounting guidance or issues.
· Strategic thinker and problem solver on critical business issues, while simultaneously having the ability to tactically execute.
· Strong prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Experience with inventory accounting and manufacturing, preferably within consumer product goods.
· Experience with consolidating financials preferred.
Barnana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.