About the role
Work directly on the bottling line performing any and all tasks associated with bottling our products including (but not limited to) moving pallets of bottles and finished goods, unstacking bottles from pallets and loading them onto the line, operating and maintaining the bottle rinser, filler, and corking/capping equipment, operating and maintaining the labeler or hand labeling, packing cases, stacking finished cases onto pallets, wrapping pallets, and any other tasks assigned by management.Responsibilities
Measure of Success
- Operate bottling line machines/equipment in a correct, safe and efficient manner
- Detect malfunctions of bottling line machines/equipment and troubleshoot problems correctly and in a timely manner
- Address and resolve equipment issues as appropriate or escalate to Team Lead/Bottling Manager
- Make adjustments to machines to achieve optimal performance while following all safety protocols
- Inspect product and packaging materials throughout the various stages for quality to ensure product is bottled and packaged according to quality standards and specifications
- Perform and document all reports and product quality inspections in accordance with SOP's
- Actively participates and is engaged in safety initiatives, problem solving, Lean, 5S, SelfDirected Teams, continuous improvement and line efficiencies
- Perform product line changeovers in an efficient manner
- Ability to work day shift and/or overtime as required
- Ensure all safety procedures and standard operating procedures (SOP) are accurately followed and documented
- Perform housekeeping and sanitation duties as assigned
- Comply with all Environmental, Health & Safety policies and training
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Skills and ExperienceMinimum Education:
- Bottling Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including but not limited to Bottling Efficiency, Right First Time, productivity, etc. are met or exceeded per departmental targets
- Meet or exceed all departmental safety requirements including, but not limited to, completion of Safety Observations, participation on Safety Committee, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Basic maintenance experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Technical training recommended
- Must possess reading & comprehension, writing and mathematical skills and ability to follow directions and complete record keeping as needed
- Must exhibit good communication and organization skills and be detail oriented
- Must demonstrate dependability and timeliness
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to work in non-climate-controlled environments and outdoors as needed
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. and perform repetitive work actions
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
• Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
• Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
• Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.