Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the Role
This position will plan, coordinate and perform tasks and functions related to the system of internal, external and cross audits, corrective, preventive actions and general management system. It ensures compliance with SQS programs such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, the Bacardi CorporationSQS Manual, the Global Quality Manual, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Document Control System and HACCP Program. Effectively manage, train, develop and evaluate personnel using their independent judgement and decision making skills.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the administration of the Corrective and Preventive Action System (CAPA) program, this includes; document, verify, follow up on the database of the CAPA the findings and control proper functioning and verify the effectiveness of the System.
- Document and maintain all records related to audits carried out following established internal procedures.
- Recommend and communicate the adjustments to the programs that support the management system (internal audits, control of documents and records, CAPA) in response to the results and trends observed, the needs of the client and the goals and objectives for the department and for the continuous improvement of the system.
- Maintain company Management System/GMP/HACCP documentation in order to meet internal and external requirements.
- Plan, coordinate, assist and / or perform internal, external, cross and supplier audits, complying with all aspects related to the Audit Program of the Management System and established procedures.
- Provide training and reviews procedures of the Management System, HACCP and GMP Programs. This include new hire orientation and annual training requirements.
- Analyze, summarize and report the results and metrics of the audits and evaluate trends to be used for the planning of audits and in the Management Reviews.
- Coordinate the Service/Indirect Material Supplier program including annual meetings to discuss results and CA.
- Responsible for the administration of the HACCP Program, this include; conduct HACCP meetings, training , Annual HACCP review, risk assesment, updates to records , minutes and flow diagrams with guidance from the HACCP team and reports for monthly HACCP CCP deviations in order to monitor CCP deviations and indicate corrective actions if necessary.
- Coordinate the Pest Control Program to include meeting with technician to follow up on issues reported by employees.
- Coordinate Traceability Exercises with the Quality Manager twice a year to include meetings with the departments to discuss CA.
- Responsible for the administration of the GMP Program, this include; distributes reports for monthly GMP departmental compliance, following up with managers as to the CA taken for non-conformance and maintaining GMP departmental audit checklists.
- Responsible for the MOC Program (MOC Coordinator), this include; MOC evaluation, MOC Committee meeting coordination, record keeping, requirements follow-up, MOC closing and provide support to users.
- Responsible for the administration of the Document Control System (ONE QEHS), this include, provide access, keep it updated and provide support to users.
- Inputs, maintains, and distributes departmental reports for Global KPI (Supplier Non-conformance; Supplier SPM %; Retail Audit Score; Planned and Actual - Supplier Audits, Technical Visits, Cross Audits; Major and Minor CAPA opened and closed; Quality Incidents for Major and Minor Brand in Market, Near Miss, Suppliers, Alleged Consumer Safety and Liquid and Packaging Development).
- Pull monthly Aging reports for ingredients and finished products and send to specified parties; Know how to place expired ingredients and finished products on hold in SAP.
- We are required by the FDA to have a Preventative Controls Qualified Individual on site. This will be the responsibility of this role. This individual will get certified through the Food Safety Preventative Controls Alliance course.
Measures of Success
*Critical experiences for success
- Bachelor’s Degree diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry discipline preferred
- 3-5 years of Quality experience preferred in Food & Beverage
- Experience in ISO Management Systems
- Must possess and exhibit strong ability to work cohesively with others to accomplish company objectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent decision making and independent judgement skills.
- Excellent organization and follow-up skills
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills with effective training abilities
- Must possess strong facilitation, confrontation and negotiating skills
- Ability to coordinate meetings
- Ability to conduct effective training for large groups (20 - 30 individuals)
- Strong personal computer and software skills and ability to perform necessary SAP functions
- Self-motivated and possess ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong commitment to dependability and timeliness. High level of personal responsibility and accountability for results
- Ability to handle stressful, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to think quickly, creatively and challenge team to do the same
- Strong commitment to team concept. Ability to lead small work groups and develop short-term plans
- Strong auditing skills (ISO Lead Auditor preferred, or obtain certification within six (6) months from employment)
- Ability to drive Problem Solving, Root Cause Analysis, and Continuous Improvement activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with management and operations team
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a senior leader to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example and Develop and Inspire Talent
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.