Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the Role
To enable commercial planning capabilities through the development and evolution of Connected Planning for the commercial organization and the North American Market. These capabilities necessitate a wide scope, which includes collaboration across functional departments and distributor partners to ensure Anaplan and related tools evolve with the business and fully enable end to end Connected Planning, as laid out in the Connected Planning Road Map. Develop commercial and leadership skills to be well positioned for succession to Mgr. Business Planning and other more senior roles.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Independently lead projects as business lead, including requirements, build/implementation, and testing, to deliver significant functional enhancements within context of overall Connected Planning Roadmap
- Act in partnership with IT and Commercial functions to deliver solutions which meet business needs
- Capture and define business requirements, specifications, and business rules that can be leveraged to build and develop improved capabilities, leveraging key business resources as required
- Coordinate the business testing efforts for enhancements, and for maintenance requests, incidents as needed
- Prioritize requests and enhancement needs (as part of Center of Excellence team), leveraging collaboration with superusers / subject matter experts and informed judgment to facilitate decisions / changes / etc.
- Provide SPOC support for Commercial team, including ongoing Anaplan support – ticket queue and qualification, resolution, training, cross-functional interaction
- Collaborate with IT solution managers to define future phases and releases
- Explore Anaplan capabilities to better leverage the platform to meet business needs. Build “sandbox” Anaplan models (potential future scope).
- Escalate technical issues to IT and/or external consultants for resolution
- Act as Anaplan champion and steward
- Partner with IT to identify and work to build interfaces with SGWS forecasting, pricing, LMF systems
- Partner with IT to ensure the accuracy of data in all sections of Anaplan (ie. Historical depletions, actual pricing, pricing module and activity planning
- Lead the rollover of information and necessary system modifications when periods must be opened for new fiscal years / versions
- Drive and facilitate efforts to seamlessly link Anaplan to data analytics and reporting, related applications, and master data including price changes
- Work closely with all functions and business units within the commercial organization (e.g. customer marketing, sales, & commercial finance) to identify standard approaches that can be applied across brands & markets
- Solicit and capture feedback from key stakeholders across the commercial organization in order to identify opportunities to improve, then prioritize, develop a plan, and follow through with the implementation
- Serve as a commercial Subject Matter Expert on Anaplan as it relates to sales execution and commercial planning. Examples may include activity planning including dollars against those activities, forecast & planning solutions, and price structure modeling and may include future components based on commercial needs
- Work cross-functionally as needed to translate proof of concepts into Anaplan and related systems
- Take a leadership role in initiating, managing, and executing any ad-hoc projects
- Ensure that scoped deliverables are fully met within committed timeframes
- Perform Anaplan administrator activities owned by the business, and for related business-owned processes
Measures of success
- Performance: Achieve global priorities in alignment with annual objectives and quarterly priorities
- Employee Engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement, as measured through the Employee Engagement Survey (EES)
- Financial: Manages any budgetary responsibilities given, including Travel & Entertainment and specific projects
- Brand /Company Image Protection: Ensure protection of the company and brand images
Critical Experiences for Success
Knowledge / Skills
- Ability to work independently and in a group environment, including interaction with Senior / Executive level management.
- Experience implementing new technologies in business environments (e.g., familiarity with change management, training, etc.)
- Proven ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
- Ability to make well informed decisions and trade offs within projects; make recommendations to senior management on critical functions / total project scope.
- Effective at driving to deliverables and time frames
- Strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills a must.
Work experience requirements
- 4 to 6 years of related work experience; consumer goods / beverage alcohol experience beneficial.
- Experience in an analytical role, such as sales analytics, financial analyst, business analyst, or category development; or experience in a commercial support role, such as planning or business development.
- Preferred experience in a role where responsibilities included designing and building sales or business planning tools.
- Experience with commercial planning or S&OP software solutions, such as Anaplan, preferred.
- Related experience in commercially oriented role, where frontline engagement, understanding, collaboration, and customer focus was needed to be successful.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; may be in Business Administration or related discipline. MBA preferred.
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a senior leader to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example and Develop and Inspire Talent
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.