Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the Role
The Regional Accounts Manager is responsible for achieving market share, availability and visibility targets through strong Regional Key Account Management. He or she must develop and translate strategy into execution plans and ensure quality implementation, while bringing innovation into market activation to ensure that the BUSA commercial priorities are executed to deliver optimum sales for Regional On-Premise chain customers.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Review monthly account and territory performance, including depletion and NSV growth. Adopt an “owner’s mentality” with regards to territory performance.
- Responsible for creating, selling in, and implementing LTO’s, menu placements, back bar placements, and well placements to chain headquarters.
- Collaborate with the Distributor - SGWS TransAtlantic, local/regional BUSA personnel, and the NAOP team to identify opportunities and provide recommendations to increase sales targets.
- Build strong relationships with each customer in the Regional Account Management territory to enhance long-term business opportunities.
- Ensure local execution of chain-approved programs through timely, coordinated and effective communication to BUSA and SGWS TransAtlantic regional personnel. Monitor and analyze programs and execution results by chain.
- Sharing of best practices, i.e. Use of economies of scale and innovation.
- Submit monthly activity report and Monthly Business Review on a timely basis.
- Responsible for all new product introductions within account universe.
- Maintain an accurate Mandate & Optional tracker. Also responsible for assisting in NAOP Mandate & Optional execution in geographic territory.
- Work with NAOP Customer Planning & Activation (CP&A) team along with the Commercial Performance team to identify and target opportunities that will increase consumer pull and enhance regional chain programs.
- Develop and deliver fact based selling proposals, utilizing Consumer Insights and category information.
- Utilize data resources to build and support Company strategy by chain and channel. This should include SGWS TransAtlantic reports, as well as BUSA RAD or VIP reports.
- Actively identify market opportunities and move on them appropriately.
- Incorporate Bacardi Execution Platform (BEP) to support attainment of goals.
- Development of annual Customer Business Plans for all accounts in unison with the NAOP team’s annual planning cycle. BUSA Commercial Priorities should be integrated into the Customer Business Plans. Work with the field sales team in the development of custom brand programs to satisfy customer needs and business opportunities.
- Partner and communicate with the Distributor based Regional Account Managers on a consistent basis to deliver business priorities.
- Stay up to date on trends and consumer analytics data.
- Survey all accounts in alignment with PoS, BEP and brand goals and objectives.
- Manage local Advertising & Promotion (A&P) and Travel & Entertainment (T&E) brand execution budgets and monthly key chain account KPI business systems
Measures of Success
- Performance: Achieve departmental priorities in alignment with annual objectives and quarterly priorities
- Employee Engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement, as measured through the Employee Engagement Survey (EES) and usage of internal communications tools.
- Brand /Company Image Protection: Ensure protection of the company and brand images
- Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures
For this role, you will receive the following: A competitive base salary, annual bonus in line with our Annual Incentive Plan and competitive local market benefits.
Critical Experiences for Success
To be successful in this role you will have / be:
- 3 – 5+ years Field Sales experience, with at least 1 -2 years in a Key Account Management role, preferably within a spirits, or consumer goods sales environment.
- Territory management (budget and tools)
- Distributor(s) performance management
- Retail (key) performance management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related area, Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships and strong partnerships across all management levels to include Distributor Management and Territory Management.
- Ability to apply business experiences across multiple product lines and/or channels
- Aptitude to think creatively and strategically, and translate strategy into operational tactics.
- An independent mindset, valuing collaborative decision making, capable of championing ideas with confidence
- Strong budget management skills
- Proven track record of creating compelling and successful sales presentations tailored to key Retail Account customers
- Excellent presentation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Proficiency with MS office and related applications
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in the Spirits Industry is a distinct advantage
- Experience in additional functions beyond the ones listed above
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a senior leader to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution and Results / Lead Strategically and Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.