Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the Role
The On Premise Bacardi Account Manager is responsible for achieving the organization’s strategic and commercial goals with a selection of our key on premise accounts and customers. He/she must build strong relationships with key stakeholders, develop customer strategies and business plans, create and sell-in compelling promotional programming and ensure high quality organization and execution within designated markets.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Deliver results and excellence in execution
- Manage Key Relationships within Designated Account List
- Drive AVQPAP in Top Accounts
- Deliver YOY Growth within Account List
- KPI Responsibility for Account Universe
- Budget Management for T&E as well as Activation
- Participate in overall market commercial planning
- Responsible for executing Rate of Sale drivers, activation, training
- Collaborate with local and national BUSA shareholders including National Accounts On Premise
- Build strong relationships with key customers in accounts to enhance long term business opportunities
- Share best practice of local and national programs with counterparts
- Submit activity report and monthly business reviews
- Responsible for new product introductions within accounts
- Creative thinking to adopt execution strategy within designated territory
- Actively identify sales opportunities and move on them appropriately
- Adopt a founder’s mentality in regards to on premise performance
- Lead meetings with key on -premise accounts within the assigned area to develop strong working relationships.
- Present BUSA brands and work toward achieving increased volumes
- Responsible for sales objectives, including basic account management, new distribution, drink features and program development & execution.
- Be visible at key local events and participate where the opportunity fits our strategy, including the execution of national initiatives in the local market.
- Actively participate in promotions and events, which often occur in the evenings or on weekends.
- Stay informed of customer and consumer trends; develop programs to capitalize on such trends.
- Submit activity report from BART (Bacardi Activity Reporting Tool) to supervisor to include list of KPI progress, account visits, trainings, accomplishments, competitive activities, special projects
- Provide market and competitive brand updates to supervisor to include timely and accurate communication of changing field conditions that may affect volumes as well as staffing changes at distributors and competitors.
- Provide feedback on marketing effectiveness and sales initiatives for programs, POS, advertising, etc.
Develop talent and capability
- Implement standardized Commercial best practices
- Have a thorough knowledge of Bacardi history and culture
Measures of Success
- Performance: Achieve market KPI targets (e.g. menu placements, menu feature, staff trainings, consumer samplings, account visits, distribution targets)
- Value share: Drive value share growth of key Bacardi brands
- Commercial scorecard: Achieve goals defined in Commercial Scorecard and Country Capability Action Plan
- Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures through relationship management
- Engagement: Support delivery of engagement and enablement activities in order to deliver sustained improvement as measured through the Employee Engagement Survey (EES)
Critical Experiences for Success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant years of experience in the on-premise
- Minimum 3 years solid sales experience, preferably in the Spirits and/or Beverage industry
- Minimum 2 years of on-premise experience
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, including solid presentation skills
- Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills
- Confident presence and in person professional appearance
- Demonstrable track record of performance and delivery
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; ability to use advanced computer functions, including navigating the Internet.
- Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with executives, employees, vendors and customers (both internal and external) at all levels of the organization, in person, via telephone and email or other written correspondence.
- Ability to read and write in English with knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to analyze available information for the purposes of preparing reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
- Possession of exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls (5-6+ hours per day); reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds and infrequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee is required to possess visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading, visual inspection and general observations.
The working environment is basically an indoor climate-controlled environment. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a member of the Bacardi team, to develop towards all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.