Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the Role
This role focuses on providing analytical and reporting support for the USA business and finance team. The role will provide key analysis during the month and reporting cycle as well as comparisons and variance analysis versus the business plan.
Individual is expected to provide financial analysis that will assist in understanding key performance drivers of each CBU (Commercial Business Unit) encompassing Discounts, National Activity Fund and Advertising and Promotion (NAF A&P) investment. The individual will play a key role in ensuring the accuracy of pertinent financial information and providing timely, accurate and relevant analysis regarding business performance. Individual is expected to work closely with internal customers to understand their needs and provide relevant support.
The candidate must possess strong communication and collaboration skills and demonstrate the ability to work independently and cross-functionally at many levels within Bacardi. Advanced MS Excel and system tools skills required.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Drive results & excellence in execution
- Analyze financial performance (NAF and Discount spending) and prepare summary reports highlighting variances and performance drivers
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of financials throughout systems
- Facilitate/provide support to ensure accurate and timely PO processing and invoice payment where necessary
- Assist in month-end commentary for submission to parent company.
- Assist in the development of a standardized reporting package that is shared across the business, leveraging company reporting tools
- Assist with presentations to executive team and global finance leadership
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve processes, identify issues and provide recommendations for improvement
Measures of Success
- Accurate financial results for the month, P&L and Balance Sheet financial integrity.
- Accurate management of A&P and Discount budgets to ensure adherence to budget.
- Understanding of spending programs and activities to effectively partner with brand and commercial teams.
- Proper reconciliation/maintenance of financial systems to ensure data integrity.
- Accurate and timely (cadence) reporting of financials.
- Financial variance driver understanding and communication.
- Accurate and business value added monthly commentaries of financial results and key drivers.
Critical Experiences for Success
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Financial Analysis: Ability to create advanced spreadsheets, explain variances to estimates, and identify business risks and opportunities.
- Project Management: Ability to manage projects/tasks to ensure successful delivery (on time and within budget) while identifying potential issues/risks.
- Control Environment: Understanding of internal controls, standards, and processes to ensure accuracy and consistency in data used for decision-making, internal/external reporting and communications
- Basis Knowledge of US Accounting Principles
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team player.
Work Experience Requirements
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience in finance/accounting/analysis.
- Ability to work in a group environment and independently.
- Advanced Excel skills are required. Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office Products.
- SAP and Cognos knowledge a plus
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills a must
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Language Skills: Fluent English
- Ability to work effectively and achieve results in a matrix organization
- Process focused with an understanding of end to end business processes and their financial impacts
- Ability to identify root cause issues and develop plans to resolve
- Skilled at organizing and prioritizing multiple projects and resource constraints to optimize results
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a senior leader to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example and Develop and Inspire Talent
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.