About The Position
Responsible for safely operating forklifts and spotter trucks to move, load, and unload finished goods, materials and trailers. Operator must maintain supply and retrieval of finished goods and materials to and from the trailers...
About the Role
Responsible for safely operating forklifts and spotter trucks to move, load, and unload finished goods, materials and trailers. Operator must maintain supply and retrieval of finished goods and materials to and from the trailers, while accurately receiving and releasing finished goods and materials into inventory.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Safely operates forklifts with various attachments to unload/load materials, equipment, merchandise or supplies from trailers or other vehicles
- Accurately pull piece and full pallets for loading of finished goods from the tax paid warehouse and the Foreign Trade Zone
- Perform daily inspections of forklifts and other devices to ensure safe operation and report any problems promptly
- Identify and correct or report all nonconforming quality material and finished goods issues
- Set aside all quality requests for quality inspection and report any noticeable defects to the Quality Assurance Coordinator for his review.
- Relocate and organize materials and finished goods in the warehouse as needed
- Ensures a clean and organized work environment in conjunction with the company’s housekeeping standards
- Perform validations of all loads upon completion by validating pallet count, trailer and seal identification accuracy
- Actively participates and is engaged in safety initiatives, problem solving, Lean, and continuous improvement
- Ensure all safety procedures and standard operating procedures (SOP) are accurately followed and documented
- Prepare for and accurately perform physical inventories and cycle counts of finished goods and copack materials as needed
- Move trailers using spotter truck as needed
- Utilize battery changing station for industrial forklift operation
- Ability to work any shift and/or overtime as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
For this role, you will receive the following: A competitive base salary, bonus in line with our current Incentive Plan and competitive local market benefits.
Critical Experiences for Success
High School diploma or equivalent
1 year forklift operations
- Must possess strong mathematical, reading and comprehension skills.
- Exhibit good communication, documentation and organization skill
- Must be detail oriented
- Must demonstrate dependability and timeliness.
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, and ability to perform autonomous maintenance
- Must be self-motivated and proactive
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
Machines, Equipment, Tools, and Work Aids:
- Industrial forklifts with various attachments
- SAP software
- Shrink wrap machine
- Two-way radio
- Battery stations
- General office equipment
- Spotter truck
- Participate in and support the BBC Business Continuity Plan
- Adhere to all environmental, health, and safety guidelines and regulations
- Promote and support the Bacardi Corporate Quality Policy
- Promote and support the Bacardi Corporate Social Responsibility Program
- Employee uniform will be provided
- Bottling operation personal protective equipment will be provided
- Employee must follow all good manufacturing and quality practices, including hair covering, as required
Bacardi is an equal opportunity employer that values workforce diversity. Diversity is core to our business: by embedding diversity into all aspects of our culture, we maximize the opportunity to achieve sustainable business success and growth.
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.