Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the role
In this role you will be accountable to fully develop and communicate channel marketing programs for our brands and work to ensure outstanding execution. Channel programs will utilize inputs ranging from brand strategy to commercial, shopper, and consumer insights. Your ability to manage multiple projects at any given time will be key, as will be your comfort in working seamlessly within the matrix, in particular with the National Retail Sales Team, Customer Marketing CP&A team and Brand Marketing.
In this role, you will be based in the Miami office where you will be working with multifunctional team colleagues but some travel to North American markets will be required.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Drive results & excellence in execution
- In direct partnership with the sales team, build channel-specific and customer-specific solutions to drive the BACARDI portfolio during key windows relevant for the retailer, shopper and brand.
- Insights-driven focus - leveraging consumer, shopper, retailer, competitive insights to drive to relevant solutions (Nielsen, 84.51, Kantar, etc.) influencing inputs, plans, and execution of programs
- You will brief, and with agency support, develop programs and shopper tools at the channel/customer level with brand and regional focus as the business dictates
- You will be accountable/responsible for building full program elements through to execution - Agency, Managing Partnerships, Product /New Items, Promotional (Neckers, Stickers), POS, Tools
- You will lead communication of chain program details to the National Retail Sales and Commercial Planning & Activation team
- You will responsible for applying category growth frameworks and ensuring they inform our channel strategies and plans through the planning process.
- You will advocate and educate on behalf of chain segments (grocery/mass/club) with the rest of Shopper team and provides the commercial & channel insights to ensure national brand programs are developed to satisfy chain needs
- You will work cross functionally to ensure we are properly measuring & evaluating chain shopper programming
- Develop talent and capability
- You will be the expert on shoppers across the Off Premise channel, specifically chain, with understanding of shoppers in strategic key customers and how those shoppers’ needs and decisions shape category choice and brand choice across segments. You will use this knowledge to gain competitive advantage in converting consideration to purchase.
- You will represent the shopper and customer point of view in select Brand inter-agency meetings and other key brand checkpoints
- Work with the Commercial teams to build capabilities and sustained ways of working.
Create a winning team
- Build a sense of community across the Customer Marketing teams
- Set an inspiring vision for the cross-functional team and align the team behind challenging targets while creating a passion for winning
- Create a culture of excellence in execution that recognizes and rewards high performance
- Have a knowledge of Bacardi company history and culture
Measures of success
- On-time delivery of channel and customer programs that move the business
- Excellent communication of programs to the commercial teams – both written and verbal
- Development of best-in-class retail tools and channel solutions
- Ability to work within the matrix and collaborate across multiple stakeholder groups
Critical experiences for success
- Experience in or working as the bridge between Brand Marketing and Customer Marketing
- Experience in Purchaser/Shopper Marketing, Category Management, Sales and Channel Strategy
- Direct customer facing experience (Strategic discussion, planning, concept ideation, understanding retailer and category value)
- Commercial skills gained through hands on Commercial roles
- Experience in roles related to understanding customer and channel dynamics
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
The following experiences are preferred:
- Sales / Marketing experience
- Experience within one or more companies that have an established reputation for shopper marketing excellence
- Experience in the Spirits and/or overall beverage Industry is a distinct advantage
- MBA degree
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.