Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the role
The CR Director will assist the Corporate Responsibility Head in identifying, recommending and delivering corporate responsibility initiatives and projects that link the Company’s values of Fearless, Family and Founder’s Mentality with its foundation commitment titled “Do the Right Thing” in order to empower the Company to achieve its Purpose, Vision and Ambition for the next 10 years. The Corporate Responsibility Director role is dedicated to driving and managing corporate responsibility programs and generating awareness and understanding among internal and external stakeholders. He or she will be a key player in managing all corporate responsibility strategies and will champion these strategies across the organization.
Some examples that the CR Director will drive, manage and support are: CR Month, CR Reporting, Philanthropy and Community Investment (PCI), Responsible Drinking and Responsible Marketing initiatives. He or she will need to be keenly aware of trends, challenges and opportunities within the CR community and spirits industry. The Director will be a creative thinker with the ability to deliver innovative solutions and maximize resources and who has an infectious passion for sustainability and corporate responsibility as a whole that enables him or her to effectively engage others into delivering on corporate responsibility commitments.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Develop, manage and collaborate on, various corporate responsibility (“CR”) initiatives under the “Do the Right Thing” foundation and Good Spirited umbrella (“CR Platform”) for the Company’s key CR pillars: Marketplace, Responsible Sourcing, EHS, People and PCI.
- Working with functions such as Marketing, Sales, Procurement, Communications, Human Resources and local regional offices, effectively develop and embed the Company’s CR initiatives.
- Working with the Global Communications team, develop and drive more advanced communications of the Company’s CR Platform.
- Develop annual CR reports and further support the development and growth of the Good Spirited Awards program throughout the Company.
- Support Company efforts with industry associations in the areas of responsible marketing and consumption, drinking and driving, and reputable science and health claims.
- Coordinate CR compliance with other Company departments like marketing, sales, procurement and operations, as well as local regional offices.
- Coordinate data gathering and compliance audits for the Company related to CR commitments when needed.
- Support compliance with other Responsible Marketing Initiatives, such as Bacardi Limited’s own Responsible Marketing Guidelines, the European Responsible Marketing Pact, and other related initiatives, as appropriate. Also, assist in effectively and efficiently linking CR with Bacardi Marketing Way.
- Coordinate Corporate Responsibility Leadership Team meetings.
- Coordinate, engage and interact with external organizations supported by the Company, e.g., Bonsucro, FAAR, IARD, SEDEX, United Nations Global Compact, etc., and producer community projects as approved by the Company.
- Lead annual CR Month activation around the world. Includes development of theme, campaign materials and coordination of in-market Ambassadors. Also requires capturing and tracking details on all activities and creating, by working with the Communications team, post-event summaries.
- Under the guidance of the Global CR head and working closely with the Communications team, lead the development of annual CR reports.
Measures of success
Performance: Achieve priorities in alignment with annual objectives and quarterly priorities
Financial: Manages and maintains assigned budget effectively
Brand /Company Image Protection & Awareness: Ensure protection of the Company and its brands as it relates to various corporate responsibility pillars and initiatives.
Employee Engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement, as measured through the Employee Engagement Survey (EES)
Critical experiences for success
- University degree in Business, Corporate Relations, Communications, Law, Environmental Sustainability, Public Relations, Marketing, Public Policy, Public Affairs or related fields
- 7 + years of experience in Corporate Responsibility, Environmental Sustainability, Responsible Sourcing, Responsible Marketing, Corporate Philanthropy or Public Policy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership skills to effectively drive projects, engage teams, and influence senior management and competitor peers
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Fluent in MS Word, Power Point, Excel
- Web and social media savvy
- Fluent in English. Additional languages a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a senior leader to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution and Results / Lead Strategically and Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example and Develop and Inspire Talent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.