Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the role
This will be a 2nd shift position. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting Emergency Repairs (EWO), Preventive Maintenance (PM), Predictive Maintenance (PdM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM) on all bottling line machinery and equipment within BBC and DC Warehouse. Additionally, incumbent will communicate with Maintenance Leads and/or Supervisor regarding status of maintenance and repair and report potential repair or maintenance issues with production machinery. Bottling Mechanics should demonstrate the ability to work independently and make judgments based on experience. Good trouble-shooting skills are necessary in order to quickly ascertain problems and minimize downtime on the production lines.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing tasks and comfort working in a high speed production environment
- Efficiently, set up and operate bottling equipment as assigned.
- Clean, Inspect, Lubricate and Repair parts and equipment including, but not limited to: Depalletizers, Case Erectors, Partition Inserters, Fillers, Rinsers, Cappers, Labelers, Casepackers, Bottle and Case conveyors, Palletizers, and Stretch Wrappers.
- Ability to make accurate decisions while troubleshooting in order to keep production lines running and avoid excessive downtime.
- Proactively communicates, discusses and shares information about equipment malfunctions to Maintenance Lead, Planner and/or other Team members to develop and implement corrective action plans.
- Observe mechanical devices to detect malfunctions.
- Must be able to overhaul, rebuild, modify and/or upgrade machines and equipment in order to bring them to OEM standards.
- Support establishment of machine setups, parameters, and product validations with Equipment OEM.
- Assist other Mechanics in maintenance and repair of production machinery and equipment.
- Maintain clean and safe work areas.
- Assist in the maintenance of parts inventory in the Mechanics parts supply cabinet.
- Ensure all repaired parts/machinery are tested before returning them to service.
- Computerized Maintenance Management System responsibilities include but not limited to: initiation of Notifications, parts needed, and labor hours by electronic documentation.
- Keep accurate records on routine maintenance regarding work performed.
- Support the repair/troubleshooting of Facilities and Processing equipment when/if needed.
- Occasionally required to operate Powered Industrial Equipment (fork truck and lifts)
- Support Production personnel during line changeovers and related duties.
- Work with Bottling Operators to address mechanical issues and show sense of urgency around daily output targets.
- Provide technical training to Production personnel in order to promote Asset Care principles.
- Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge and comply within all plant, corporate, and OSHA policies and safety regulations: Hazardous Energy / Lockout-Tagout, Arc-Flash, Fall Protection, Confined Space, Hazardous Material Handling, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and practice same with regard to self, co-workers and equipment.
- Maintain knowledge and compliance with all Corporate Specifications, Plant Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Documents.
- Ensure product is packaged according to specifications.
- Willingness to work any Shift, Holidays, Weekends and/or Overtime as required
- Complete any duties assigned by Production and Maintenance Leadership Team.
- Follow the defined Planning & Scheduling Process by completing assigned role responsibilities
- Support Breakdown Elimination initiative and in-depth analysis exercises.
Measures of success
Completion of Key Accountabilties and Responsibilities above
Critical Experiences for Success
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Vocational /Specialized Training
- 3-4 years general mechanical experience in high speed manufacturing environment
- 3 years bottling line experience or equivalent preferred
- Lathe or CNC Milling experience preferred
- Good communication, documentation and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and be detailed oriented
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Ability to work independently and as a strong team member.
- Excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions
- Strong diagnostic abilities
- Able to read blueprints and technical manuals.
- Basic understanding of pneumatic and mechanical systems. Understanding of hydraulic systems is a plus.
- Ability to safely use hand tools or power tools for repair and/or replacement of defective or worn parts.
- Versatile in utilizing Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Demonstrate the ability to operate precision machine shop equipment but not limited to: Lathe, Drill press and/or Band Saw.
- Basic knowledge of various electrical controls and apparatus.
- Ability to work independently or with a team and communicate effectively
- Ability to set-up and operate conventional machines for fabrication and/or repair of parts such as lathes, saws, grinders is preferred.
- Participate in and support the BBC Business Continuity Plan
- Adhere to all environmental, health, and safety guidelines and regulations
- Promote and support the Bacardi Corporate Quality Policy
- Promote and support the Bacardi Corporate Social Responsibility Program
Machines, Tools ans Equipment, Work Aides
- Hand tools, gauges, welding equipment, two-way radio, cart, forklift.
- Duties perform in manufacturing facility where noise, dust, fumes, heat, cold, vibration and hazardous conditions exist.
- All protective equipment required by company policy and/or State law
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.