Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the Role
In this role the candidate will:
- Be the NAM OC Operations Single Point of Contact for Packaging Procurement and Raw Materials, covering both Bacardi sites and supply of components to co-packers.
- Be the Category Manager for the Raw Materials locally used such as Bourbon., Alcohol for US and Other ingredients for the NAM region
- Be the NAM OC lead and champion for Supplier Integration Program
- Be responsible for defining sourcing strategies and implementation for plants specific materials
- Relay between the OC and global category managers
- Be responsible for implementing global sourcing strategies on both Packaging and Raw materials for the OC including sustainability programs for categories under scope
- Co-Own PPV, and budget setting with global category manager for Packaging categories and with Procurement Director-Global for Raw Materials
- Manage supplier plant to Bacardi plant relationships
- The candidate will be working very closely and in full transparency with the Manufacturing and Supply Chain teams in the OC’s, objectives is to get the right data for the demand ie volume and planning and assess any opportunity to reduce cost without jeopardizing the quality of the requested products
- The Candidate will also ensure that all the strategies for Raw Materials under his/her scope are pre checked and pre agreed by the key Stakeholders prior to final presentation and approval
- Ensure that relevant purchasing contracts are in place
- Be the first level escalation in case of packaging issue
- Coach and develop their direct report
- Develop and monitor action plan
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Strategy Development and Ownership
- Provide input and feedback to Global Category Managers on Packaging sourcing strategy and their execution based on OC needs and specific requirements
- Build recommended sourcing strategies for Raw Materials and align with Procurement Director- Global Raw Materials
- Communicate and champion Packaging and RM sourcing strategies within the OC
- Build and execute action plans for the OC supporting the global sourcing strategy
- Evaluate and implement cost savings ideas to achieve or improve budgets, define and lead local and regional procurement projects that will lead to savings/efficiencies
- Mentor, direct and coordinate activities of individuals and teams engaged in purchasing and distribution of raw materials and supplies across the region.
- Own and lead for the OC the Suppliers integration program
- Ensure RM under scope are sustainably certified
- Optimize working capital through best practice raw materials inventory management.
- Propose alternate supply sources and identify cost improvement opportunities as well as benchmarking costs
- Ensure all suppliers under scope are sedex members and fully audited according to a road map to be validated by the 2 Procurement Directors
- Ensure all necessary contracts and award letters in place and signed in order to be fully compliant with the Global Procurement Policy
- Ensure all new potential suppliers are qualified through the VQP
- Ensure all suppliers under scope have a sustainability program in place and are appropriately certified
- Ensure no suppliers under scope are in conflict with Bacardi code of conduct
Supplier Integration Program
- Champion SIP in the region NAM
- Keep up to speed on value driver progress and reapplication opportunities
- Build, align and drive OC SIP plan for the region
- Report regularly on progress to the SIP lead
- Communicate and train across functions on SIP
- Lead and drive the Value Creation stream for the region
- Execute the Supplier financing action plan for the region
Supplier Relationship Manager (SRM)
- Own local OC supplier relationships in the context of Supplier Integration
- Manage plant to plant communication for “global” suppliers within defined SIP framework
- First level escalation for Packaging and Raw Materials topics
- Facilitate SPM to track supplier performance and feedback to Packaging category managers for consolidation
- Ensure that a supplier portfolio is developed considering business needs with regards to OC constraints, innovation, contingency, supply chain agility and sustainability
- Develops and manages a strategic SRM approach for local vendors through defining escalation procedures, communication channels and meeting schedules commercially and technically
- Contribute to optimize costs and services to generate savings
- Define, maintain and deliver Value Creation pipeline for the OC
- Deliver on cash targets through inventory reductions, Payment Term improvements and payment schedules improvements
- Create strong internal relationship with internal stakeholders
- Feedback to the team potential learnings/reapplication opportunities
- Continuously screens the local demand of Packaging and Raw Materials in order to identify sourcing optimization and / or issues
Administration and reporting
- Ensure accurate pricing in SAP is maintained
- Co-own OC PPV with Category managers
- Ensure local contracts are dully signed, stored centrally and monitor compliance to policy
- Educate local colleagues on supplier’s industry constraints and work to define relevant operating models to minimize proactively disruptions
- Enforce relevant Policies: procurement, Payment terms…
- Ensure proper sourcing recommendations are approved in time
NPD and Projects
- Be the Point of Contact for OC projects: NPD, VE.
- Integrate Procurement requirements upfront in NPD projects
- Ensure Preferred/Strategic suppliers are involved and selected for NPD
- Guarantee precise price estimates at contract gate
- Responsible to develop and coach direct report
- Foster synergies between OCs both by prioritizing work across the region and looking at opportunities in terms of supply base
- Provide coaching and act as facilitator in the region for the CAPEX/MRO teams
- Facilitate execution of sourcing approaches
- Run yearly performance management and objective processes for direct report
Contact for all local Packaging P2P processes considering fixed price, index & batch size driven contract
- Ensures timely and up to date submission of Outline Agreements in SAP ECC allowing the plants to call off against the contracts and the SSC to pay on time based on a 3 way match process (PO, GR, PRICE)
- Accountable for payment on time of all local Packaging suppliers through clear Outline Agreements and compliance with SAP contract in the OC.
- Ensures that 80% of all Local Packaging related to transactional P2P processes are handled via the ARIBA Network (PO & E-invoicing)
- Ensure 90d EOM PT is enforced
- Simplify P2P process and improve PoT through reduction of supplier base and number of transactions in line with targets
Measures of Success
- Establish and formalize relationship with local plants specific suppliers
- Successful implementation and governance of SIP for the region
- Budget is delivered or exceeded
- Projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Number of suppliers is reduced as per global target
- Annual added value (cost down, cost avoidance) through procurement, VE, Cost target, in line with targets
- All Packaging Suppliers at >60 days end of Month payment terms 95% payment on time
- Demonstrating a high level of skill in the Procurement competencies of Planning, Negotiating, organizing others, Managing through systems, Directing others and Political savvy.
- All contracts are fully compliant with internal policies and registered into a specific data base
- Demonstrated strong collaboration with key stakeholders
- Deliver agreed value creation target
Critical Experiences for Success
- Master in Business / Economy or Engineering (specialization in purchasing is an asset)
- Minimum 5 years+ in a direct procurement position.
- FMCG background is a plus but not essential.
- Fluent English; other languages are an asset
- Solid understanding of strategic procurement
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Industry- and Supplier Analysis
- Should cost analytical skills
- Sourcing strategy development and implementation
- Design and Planning (Maintain and develop process, anticipate consequences, build plans)
- Proven negotiation results with significant experience in a dynamic sourcing environment.
- Working knowledge of best practices such as global strategic sourcing and industry practices, standards and trends.
- Understands how the financial performance of one’s own function contributes to that of the organization; uses budgets and
- forecasts to manage financial performance; identify and uses key financial indicators to measure business performance.
- Strategic and reflective thinking, able to adapt quickly to changing business and customer needs
- Good negotiation, communication skills within his area, backed up by proactive, decisive and entrepreneurial operating style
- Builds effective teams, developing direct reports to achieve superior performance
- Strong drive for results with positive, transparent and ethical leadership style
- Is non-bureaucratic, listens and people-oriented,
- Is self-confident with a “can do” attitude, is growth oriented but has ego in check
- MS Office advanced
- Supply Chain expertise , supply/ demand, forecasting
- Understands how to navigate in a local- regional-global matrix environment.
- Drive for results
- Strong Communication skills
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Interpersonal savvy
- Political savvy
- Priority setting
- Business savvy and a good understanding of the consumer & customers’ needs. Understand our Bacardi business strategy.
- Strong understanding of what the Bacardi brands stand for and how Bacardi is organized.
- Good understanding and knowledge of COGs structures and P&L’s of finished products.
- Excellent knowledge of processes within operations (finance, manufacturing, supply chain.
- Strong knowledge of the global GOPS team structure, strategies and activities
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.