About the roleYour Opportunity
In the role of Senior Financial Analyst, you will support the Canadian Finance organization by providing high quality reporting, analysis, and decision support.
The role reports to the Sr. Finance Manager Business Performance and Commercial Insights, and is located in our Toronto, Canada Office. About You
The ideal candidate will operate as a true business partner to the business. Ideally you have worked in this capacity for 3-5 years and you are looking to take the next step in your career. You must possess strong communication, collaboration and entrepreneurial skills, and you can demonstrate the ability to work independently and cross-functionally. You must also be able to challenge the status quo and look for ways to streamline or improve ways of working as we continue to become a best in class finance function. You are intellectually curious, and have a drive for results that is evident in both your interactions with the business and output in your performance.ResponsibilitiesWith our Consumer at the heart, your key focus will be to:
Skills and ExperienceThe Skills & Experience needed to create your legacy
- Lead the monthly forecasting process for Canada through timely preparation of Actuals & Forecast. You will coordinate with other finance team members to provide analysis, commentary and risk/opportunities for the total P&L.
- Lead Discount/Trade Spend reviews with regions to identify Risk/Opportunities and, areas of re-investment. You will provide reporting for Discounts and A&P to support commercial decision support and monthly variance analysis with commentaries.
- Support Sr. Manager and Commercial team on various analysis for the On-Premise (Restaurants/ Bars/ Club) channel. Analysis would include spend optimization (M&E), new business acquisition and budget management.
- Support the Sr. Manager in development of the Annual Plan for Bacardi Canada
- Partner with Brand/Commercial teams to develop monthly A&P and Discount forecasts.
- Support legacy financial systems through transformation project
- 3-5 years experience as a Finance Business Partner ideally within CPG and/or Alcohol supporting a commercial function (Sales or Marketing)
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, continuously changing and deadline driven environment.
- Capable of communicating what is complex in simple terms.
- Ability to problem solve and understand the bigger picture.
- Advanced Excel/Access literacy. Experience working with SQL databases and Power BI preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance. Working towards or completion of a MBA and/or accounting designation.
- You demonstrate our 3F philosophy (Founders, Fearless, Family)
- Inquisitive and curious, you try and understand the root causes versus just the symptoms of a problem
- You maintain a high standard of excellence
- You possess and work with an entrepreneurial spirit
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
• Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
• Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
• Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.
Disclaimer: Bacardi is an equal opportunity employer that values workforce diversity. Diversity is core to our business: by embedding diversity into all aspects of our culture, we maximize the opportunity to achieve sustainable business success and growth. The duties and responsibilities described in the role profile might not be a comprehensive list.