About The Position
The Brand Associate acts as the commercial face of the brand in their respective markets. They will work to build and maintain relationships with key trade stakeholders and distributor audiences to drive velocity and visibility.
The Brand Associate will manage the activities and budget goals set by the Sales & Marketing teams to effectively build the brand amongst target audiences, achieve growth, and perform against KPI’s.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
1. Execution of Programming: Support the execution of national and local marketing / sales initiatives:
· Attract, develop and maintain set account universe to deliver against established programming KPIs and market goals
· Use tactical budget to support approved consumer pull-through programs, including, but not limited to: menu features, back bar placements, consumer sampling events, etc.
2. Brand Awareness and Education: develop brand awareness, adoption, visibility and recommendation for key accounts in respective markets
· Work with Sales Team to identify appropriate target accounts that will support brand equity development and KPI goals.
· Engage those accounts directly (brand education, demonstration, personal selling,
relationship building) to gain brand adoption and advocacy (distribution, menu and feature drink placement)
· Motivate and develop distributor sales team through trainings and ride-withs in order to achieve on premise volume targets and sell through objectives (POS, drink promotion, back bar placement, drink lists, distribution and brand promotion) in the market
3. Reporting: evaluate and report on market results as well as changing market activity and the progress of the brand’s development against clearly identified metrics and goals
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date programming calendar, allocation tracking, budgets, and recapping of events in the OPEN Bar reporting system.
· Analyze reports and make recommendations
· Distribute weekly reports to key contacts as designated by market
· Complete and submit detailed reports for expenses, promotional activity, as well as T&E on a weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly basis as determined by AXP
· Minimum three-four years of experience in a related Wine & Spirits role and 1 year within the assigned market.
· Knowledge of local on/off premise spirits market, including local laws & statutes
· Willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays
· Vehicle required
· Past experience in Brand Ambassador role or similar experience
· Ability to prioritize and juggle many tasks as well as work within prescribed timelines and deadlines
· Self-starter, outgoing personality
· Adept at selling and interacting with diverse groups of people
· Strong written, verbal and public speaking skills
· Strong budget management skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Web-based reporting tools
· Clean driving record and proof of automotive insurance
· Position contingent upon successful completion of background check