About The Position
Sipp, has launched a low calorie, organic seltzer, and we are seeking a personable, enthusiastic, and highly motivated individual to drive independent retailer account openings, sampling and field marketing initiatives in Austin.
About the Position
Our client, Sipp
, has launched a low calorie, organic seltzer, and we are seeking a personable, enthusiastic, and highly motivated individual to drive independent retailer account openings, retailer sampling, and field marketing initiatives in Austin. You will be the face of the Sipp brand with key accounts and create retail customer loyalty through excellent customer service. The ideal candidate is a dedicated, proactive, and a positive team player, has a passion for the beverage industry, new product launches and is ready for their next challenge!
Your focus will be: developing and maintaining existing key retail accounts, identifying opportunities for growth, expanding distribution to new doors, and fostering deeper customer relationships. As the Field Sales Representative and Field Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for creating and building relationships with key independent retailers within your region. You will work with the brand and the Field Marketing Agency to support the acquisition of new accounts in key zip codes within the region. Successful completion of the 10-week pilot may result in a continued engagement with the brand, depending on in-market sales performance.
New Business Development - OPEN DOORS
- Identify and pursue quick wins for retail sales
- Identify and prospect new business by determining focus areas within territory, setting up presentations, and utilizing stop-by techniques
- Initiate and maintain contact with key accounts to close the deal!
- Organize an efficient schedule including a daily route along with a monthly and quarterly plan
- Prepare weekly & monthly paperwork on time in a neat, legible, and professional manner
- Utilizing field sales tools, keep thorough and up to date notes on all existing and target accounts
- Look at territory with entrepreneurial eyes to seek out new opportunities to increase sales and penetration
- Be creative and unique in ways to gain new distribution and placements; flexible and communicative in understanding and addressing account’s needs and concerns
Account Management - MAINTAIN ACCOUNTS
- Create customer loyalty through strong relationships with account teams
- Own the relationship and the day-to-day management of key accounts
- Track performance of market to develop and execute improvement opportunities
- Work with Brand & Agency to meet sales goals and objectives
Account Growth - GROW ACCOUNTS
- Sell in additional sku’s, fill any and all voids, secure additional facings, win new placements, and find other opportunities to grow volume
- Where possible, organize in-store samplings to drive brand awareness and increase turns
- Identify effective in-market awareness/trial opportunities/events to coordinate with Marketing team for execution
Team Management and Participation
- Contribute to weekly and monthly sales calls with team to highlight success, discuss challenges, and understand company-wide strategies
- Collaborate with agency/brand teams for branding opportunities, both digital and IRL
Promotions and Point of Sale
- You will be responsible for an excellent in-store experience for consumers
- Build and maintain displays and ensure stores are equipped with all branded materials
Who You Are:
- 2-5 years of CPG sales experience (beverage preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proactive problem solver
- Strong geographic knowledge of the AUSTIN market is a must.
- Demonstrated success opening accounts, managing small and large store format account base.
- Experience with Sales KPI’s and know how to achieve quotas goals
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to come up with new ideas, execute, and report back on results with thoughtful recommendation
- Natural storyteller and educator, with an ability to bring the brand to life
- Outgoing personality – willing to talk to anyone and strike up a conversation!
- You know and love this territory and have an established network you can contribute to the brand
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal), with a “solutions-focused” mindset
- Strong organization and time management skills – easily can manage your own schedule
- You are independent and reliable – you know how to take direction and run with it
- Flexible and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
What is Expected:
- Make a minimum of 12 sales calls per day on all independent retailers in the territory
- Conduct 1-2 consumer tastings/samplings per week at retail partner accounts
- Merchandise client's products & Point of Sale materials
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends & some nights for event activations
- Ability to lift weight up to 15-20lbs
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan effective sales call day
- B2B sales experience selling skills, a plus
- Possess the ability to make effective presentations and communicate effectively
- Must be able to build and maintain customer relationships
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Repsly, and Google suite
Compensation & Benefits Package:
- Base salary plus bonus & commissions & car allowances
- Remote role – based in AUSTIN
- Reports directly to CRO/Agency
- Competitive compensation
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record and car
- All of the Sipp you can drink!