Built around our mission, we started Athletic Greens
more than a decade ago as a way to bring comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to just about everybody. Originators of the Essentialist Nutrition movement, our philosophy is to focus on a very small number of products based on what the latest science indicates is essential to human health.
AG1 is made from the highest quality ingredients, in accordance with the strictest standards and obsessively improved based on the latest science. 75 vitamins, minerals, and whole-food sourced nutrients in one convenient daily serving. Optimized for athletes, life-letes, and everyone in between. Vegan, Paleo, and Keto-friendly. One scoop or travel packet, 8 ounces of water. Every day. That's it.
Our mission is to empower people to take ownership of their health.THE ROLE:
We are seeking a Tax Director
who thrives in a high growth and dynamic environment and is excited to lead all aspects of AG's global tax compliance. The ideal candidate is a self-starter ready to design and build a robust and scalable tax function and processes to ensure global tax compliance and accurate tax reporting.
This role will be an integral part of our growing team at Athletic Greens and will collaborate across various teams and senior levels of the company, as well as with external auditors. In addition to working with external advisors to coordinate filing all direct and indirect tax returns and preparation of our quarterly and annual tax provision, the Tax Director will play a critical role in implementing international tax operational strategies and structures, managing international transfer pricing, and overseeing broader tax strategy.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Design and build a robust tax function and related processes to ensure global compliance and accurate reporting.
- Oversee tax filing requirements and review all tax compliance prepared by the Company's third party tax providers.
- Lead all processes related to transactional and all indirect taxes including sales and use tax using Avalara; VAT and GST taxes internationally using Netsuite ERP for proper tax coding and reporting; and managing withholding tax, unclaimed property, and other business taxes to ensure reporting compliance.
- Own the monthly/quarterly/annual tax provision and related tax journal entries in accordance with preparation of our US GAAP financial statements.
- Lead the development of operational tax strategies and processes.
- Oversee, coordinate with, and manage the Company's third party tax providers to ensure that all tax related issues are identified, communicated, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Lead all tax audits, coordinate annual tax review and audit process with external auditors, and provide necessary tax disclosures.
- Independently research tax related topics including federal, state, and indirect tax developments and laws that impact the company, and serve as a partner and counsel to department and company leadership on critical tax considerations.
- Internally consult and liaise with other departments/business units regarding the tax impact of new products, acquisitions, significant transactions, etc.
- Based on experience, support and/or lead other functions such as treasury, including cash management, debt compliance, payment management, and foreign currency exposure and hedging.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 10+ years relevant experience in progressively responsible positions in a corporate tax department or public accounting firm with an emphasis on domestic and international taxation.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensure and public accounting experience at a global firm preferred.
- Strong knowledge of international tax concepts (including indirect tax and transfer pricing).
- Deep experience with process improvement procedures and relevant technology platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) 740, Income Taxes. Ability to take an active role in the preparation, review, and consolidation of our quarterly and annual worldwide tax provision.
- Self-starter who is self-motivated and has an ownership mentality, with the ability to be hands-on and work well independently.
- Impeccable organizational skills with strong interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy with desire to take ownership in a results-oriented environment.
- Strong communicator who will be a trusted voice and owner in the organization.
- Team player who will be a steward of AG's core values with strong ethics and integrity, and a no-compromises approach to work quality.
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process ensures values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer's health and wellness.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave to allow you to spend time with your new family.
- Top of the market compensation plans across every department within the business.
- A monthly fitness class credit to support you on your health and fitness journey.
- Annual company-wide retreats and quarterly department-wide meet-ups (COVID permitting).
- A 401k plan with company-matching because life is an opportunity and we care about your future.
- Paid holidays and an unlimited vacation policy to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues who bring their all to the Athletic Greens mission each and every day.
- A brand new company laptop and a generous home-office budget so you can work your best.
Athletic Greens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inspiring fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health and we believe this starts in the workplace. We do this by providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where all team members can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and make a difference in the world together. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer.