Built around our mission, we started Athletic Greens
more than a decade ago as a way to bring comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to just about everybody. Originators of the Essentialist Nutrition movement, our philosophy is to focus on a very small number of products based on what the latest science indicates is essential to human health.
AG1 is made from the highest quality ingredients, in accordance with the strictest standards and obsessively improved based on the latest science. 75 vitamins, minerals, and whole-food sourced nutrients in one convenient daily serving. Optimized for athletes, life-letes, and everyone in between. Vegan, Paleo, and Keto-friendly. One scoop or travel packet, 8 ounces of water. Every day. That's it.
Our mission is to empower people to take ownership of their health.THE ROLE:
Athletic Greens is looking for a qualified and motivated Senior Director of Manufacturing
. As the primary director of our production operations team, you will oversee the entirety of manufacturing procedures in our third-party facilities, seeking out and identifying processes that can be profitably improved and optimized. You'll develop manufacturing plans and production schedules, establish and enforce safety protocols, and improve organizational performance wherever possible. This is a senior role, and our ideal candidate has considerable professional experience in a manufacturing environment, including experience in fast-paced leadership roles.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develops manufacturing plans and production schedules that maximize efficient use of resources and minimize overhead costs
- Identifies manufacturing and organizational procedures to be optimized and implement effective changes to increase overall profitability
- Ensures timely and safe shipment procedures, especially during periods of heightened demand
- Develops and implements objectives and strategies that support the corporate capital spending plan.
- Leads and monitors production to comply with our rigorous standards and timelines
- Develops and implements robust mitigation plans and risk reduction strategies that support high-growth targets
- Supports product development and product enhancements through partnerships with internal partners
- Works in partnership with Quality to ensure all necessary quality standards are met with a "no-compromise" mentality on quality
- Negotiates and implements appropriate contracts with suppliers
- Ensures the overall team meets or exceeds assigned goals, objectives, KPIs (key performance indicators) and other targets.
- Identifying and recommending new/enhanced or extended opportunities and the resources required, including departmental budgeting, operations planning, etc.
- Effectively partners with peer managers to align on priorities, accountability and objectives
- Communicates the importance of compliance and fosters an environment where teams feel safe to report issues as necessary.
- Demonstrates and coaches' team on advanced critical thinking and structured problem solving, including proactively identifying process changes/ improvements.
- Leads inspection and QBRs
- Develops, implements and reports regularly on performance metrics
- Clearly articulates strategic drivers and removes barriers to support accountabilities
- Fosters an environment of candor and support by demonstrating self-awareness, openness and approachability.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 8-10+ years of professional experience working with third-party co-manufactures, including experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in the Consumer Good industry required.
- In-depth knowledge of the process, systems, and methods in the blending/manufacturing process
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, organizational methodologies, and vendor relationship management
- Willingness to travel
- Strong computer proficiency and excellent communication skills
- A high level of organization
- Incredible attention to detail
- A work-ethic that thrives in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- An analytical thought process which can always be backed with data
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process ensures values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer's health and wellness.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave to allow you to spend time with your new family.
- Top of the market salary and performance incentive structure with "blue sky" upside potential.
- A monthly fitness class credit to support you on your health and fitness journey.
- Annual company-wide retreats and quarterly department-wide meet-ups (COVID permitting).
- A 401k plan with company-matching because life is an opportunity and we care about your future.
- Paid holidays and an unlimited vacation policy to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues who bring their all to the Athletic Greens mission each and every day.
- A brand new company laptop and a generous home-office budget so you can work your best.
*Athletic Greens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inspiring fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health and we believe this starts in the workplace. We do this by providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where all team members can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and make a difference in the world together. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer.