Built around our mission, we started Athletic Greens
more than a decade ago as a way to bring comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to just about everybody. Originators of the Essentialist Nutrition movement, our philosophy is to focus on a very small number of products based on what the latest science indicates is essential to human health.
AG1 is made from the highest quality ingredients, in accordance with the strictest standards and obsessively improved based on the latest science. 75 vitamins, minerals, and whole-food sourced nutrients in one convenient daily serving. Optimized for athletes, life-letes, and everyone in between. Vegan, Paleo, and Keto-friendly. One scoop or travel packet, 8 ounces of water. Every day. That's it.
Our mission is to empower people to take ownership of their health.THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Head of Data Engineering & Architecture
to join our Product team. Reporting to the SVP, Data & Analytics, you will be responsible for providing high quality foundational data sets for the entire company, and facilitating the correct use of that data. Not only are we looking for an experienced strategic-thinker, we are looking for a thought leader to help us become a more data-driven organization, and to redefine what Data Engineering means at Athletic Greens.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Define the strategy for how the company approaches Data Engineering, working cross functionally to ensure key stakeholders, business and product requirements are aligned.
- Ensure that data is dependable and high quality and that we're collecting the right data to enable strategic analysis, measurement, and decision making.
- Manage the current Engineering team, including day to day execution and long term planning.
- Work with internal Talent Team to reruit and hire qualified data engineering candidates
- Solicit new project ideas, prioritize for impact, and drive execution across the organization.
- Work closely with other teams throughout the company including product, engineering, marketing, sales, and finance to enable data-driven decision making.
- Create and maintain various cutting edge data science models
- Manage the company's Data infrastructure and ensure it's validity and accuracy
- Consistently looking for new ways to improve data including introducing new tools or technologies, making process improvements, leading or organizing training.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- You have 12+ years of experience in a data-focused role with 6+ years of management experience in either a data engineering or data infrastructure role, working on projects related to data architecture, data modeling, or data management.
- You understand the value of data to the business and can advocate for its use to improve the consumer journey and lifetime value.
- You have strong business acumen and have worked closely with data scientists and analysts.
- You are intellectually curious, excited to learn new skills and grow as a manager and as a leader.
- Comfortable navigating large datasets, acquiring and cleansing data from multiple sources
- Proficiency with at least one of the programming languages, such as R, Python or SQL
- Advanced data visualization skills and hands-on experience with Tableau, PowerBI or other BI tools
- Strong digital analytics skills and advanced knowledge of Google Analytics
- Familiarity with A/B testing, experimentation and product, UX/UI research methodologies
- Experience with consumer and market research methods, including survey, focus groups, qualitative and quantitative brand, consumer satisfaction, experience and other studies
- Familiarity with B2C acquisition and subscription marketing concepts and metrics, including customer journeys, conversion funnels and critical reporting (CAC, payback, retention rate, etc.)
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process ensures values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer's health and wellness.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave to allow you to spend time with your new family.
- Top of the market salary + a performance incentive structure with "blue sky" upside potential.
- A monthly fitness class credit to support you on your health and fitness journey.
- Annual company-wide retreats and quarterly department-wide meet-ups (COVID permitting).
- A 401k plan with company-matching.
- An unlimited vacation policy to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues who bring their all to the Athletic Greens mission each and every day.
- A brand new laptop and a generous home-office budget so you can work your best.
* Athletic Greens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inspiring fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health and we believe this starts in the workplace. We do this by providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where all team members can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and make a difference in the world together. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer. ?