Built around our mission, we started Athletic Greens
more than a decade ago as a way to bring comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to just about everybody. Originators of the Essentialist Nutrition movement, our philosophy is to focus on a very small number of products based on what the latest science indicates is essential to human health.
AG1 is made from the highest quality ingredients, in accordance with the strictest standards and obsessively improved based on the latest science. 75 vitamins, minerals, and whole-food sourced nutrients in one convenient daily serving. Optimized for athletes, life-letes, and everyone in between. Vegan, Paleo, and Keto-friendly. One scoop or travel packet, 8 ounces of water. Every day. That's it.
Our mission is to empower people to take ownership of their health.THE ROLE:
We are looking for a self-motivated Director of Community
who is passionate about building digital and in-person communities. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Editorial, and oversees strategy and management for our growing community of Athletic Greens fans. The Director of Community will own all community-related strategy and work closely with a counterpart Director of Content to create a positive, thriving community of brand advocates. This is a highly-collaborative position that will be contribute to many cross-functional initiatives and inform the strategy of our Product, Partnerships, Performance and Creative teams.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Hire and manage Community team of managers, moderators and coordinators for 1:1 communications between brand and consumers.
- Develop and own a company-wide community strategy that leverages our many consumer touchpoints in a complementary fashion, starting with our Greens Team Facebook Group.
- Develop community strategies that situates Athletic Greens as a part of our consumers identity, not just their diets.
- Be a community-facing personality who represents the brand in our community spaces.
- Inform content strategies for maximum synergy with community strategy and impact in space.
- Work with digital and nutritional product teams to test new products and strategies with community.
- Identify innovative opportunities for community building, such as new platforms, IRL activations or Web3 builds.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 3-5 years of Community Leadership experience with a proven track record of innovative work for culturally relevant publishers or brands.
- Experience working in digital and especially social-focused ecosystem.
- Platform-specific knowledge of community best practices.
- Experience moderating or leading moderation of large fan communities.
- Understanding of product development needs and how to leverage community to inform.
- Knowledge of content production and strategies.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a consistent "can-do" attitude.
- A desire to follow broader cultural conversation across social media around key topic areas: health and wellness, sports, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and a proven ability to manage multiple work streams at once.
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, and organizational skills.
- A full life outside of work with personal passions and hobbies!
- DTC Experience strongly preferred.
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process ensures values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer's health and wellness.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave to allow you to spend time with your new family.
- Top of the market compensation plans across every department within the business.
- A monthly fitness class credit to support you on your health and fitness journey.
- Annual company-wide retreats and quarterly department-wide meet-ups (COVID permitting).
- A 401k plan with company-matching because life is an opportunity and we care about your future.
- Paid holidays and an unlimited vacation policy to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues who bring their all to the Athletic Greens mission each and every day.
- A brand new company laptop and a generous home-office budget so you can work your best.
*Athletic Greens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inspiring fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health and we believe this starts in the workplace. We do this by providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where all team members can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and make a difference in the world together. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer.