About The Position
Retail Sales Director - Brooklyn, NY
Ark Foods is seeking a Retail Sales Director based to help share our exciting line of fresh vegetable products with the world.
The Retail Sales Director will report to our VP of Retail Sales and will focus on expanding our retail presence in supermarkets in the Eastern and Midwest USA by opening up large new supermarket accounts. This role is based in Brooklyn, NY - please note we're not looking for remote applicants at this time.
Key work streams will include:
● Identify, pursue, and open major new retail accounts for Ark Foods
● Own sales cycle from beginning to end, including contacting, pitching, and negotiating for major new business
● Manage key relationships for major supermarket customers, to unearth new business opportunities, sell-ins, and synergies
● Oversee week-to-week account management of major supermarket accounts
● Coordinate with CEO, VP of Retail Sales, and operations teams to ensure a smart, strategic approach to retail sales
● Collaborate with marketing team to set up and manage promotional cycles, and identify other marketing opportunities to support our category leading velocities
● Maintain deep knowledge of produce industry market trends and pricing
● Significant sales experience in food / CPG
● Proven track record of opening new supermarket / retail accounts for a food / CPG brand
● Mastery of unit economics and margins to support negotiations with supermarket buyers
● Incredible organization and communication skills
● A belief that there is no task too small and no challenge too large
In Your Favor
● Sales. Sales. Sales
● Love of food
● Experience with...
... supermarkets / retailers
... young brands or products
Highly competitive compensation package
Healthcare, 401K and other benefits
Generous vacation policy
Based in Brooklyn, NY
All the specialty veggies you can eat!
About Ark Foods
We are a modern-day farming company that creates simple, fresh, and exciting food. We believe there’s magic in growing and eating vegetables and we work every day to share this feeling with the world. We’ve built our own ecosystem and are deeply involved at every stage of production, from purchasing the highest quality seeds to growing crops responsibly, and producing imaginative food that, in any form it might take, will be remarkable.
Ark Foods is known for popularizing shishito peppers, but now offers a full suite of branded veggie products, including our specialty pepper line, our heat-and-eat veggie bowls, even pepper cooking kits and squash snack packs. We operate three production facilities up and down the East Coast, including a fully operational fresh cut facility in New Jersey, and are in a period of rapid growth, with revenue and headcount more than doubling each year.