About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. We are seeking a motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented Project Engineer
to work within the Operations Division as part of our Project Leadership Organization at Apeel Sciences. As the Project Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting simultaneous projects in several countries across multiple teams at Apeel Sciences, from project inception through ramp-up, to steady state commercialization. This involves internal and external facing coordination and management to ensure that the objectives of our projects are achieved. You will interface closely with Apeel Sciences design and capital engineering teams as well as manage external-facing relationships with our equipment vendors and customers. What You'll Do
What You Bring
- Be the lead technical role on capital projects accountable for all technical deliverables to achieve project objectives, through the orchestration of technical resources and stakeholders
- Support multiple, cross-functional customer integrations from initiation through steady state commercialization.
- Deliver technical solutions to project objectives through collaboration with internal design and solutions engineering teams, as well as external equipment vendors and customers
- Balance technical decisions with impacts to project schedule and budget in support of the project manager.
- Master the use of digital project and knowledge management tools to track, analyze, and archive project-related deliverables, progress, and learnings.
- Effectively leverage company technical resources (people and capital) to complete projects economically and expeditiously.
- Systematically capture knowledge, including (but not limited to) the organization and dissemination of key information, and the documentation of key learnings from customer projects.
- Clearly and effectively communicate (in written and verbal forms) to Project Managers cross-functional teams and external vendors and customers.
- Engender support for and build consensus and buy-in for decisions made prior to and during customer integrations.
- Provide recommendations to help move integrations and steady state operations forward- particularly in times of impasse, ambiguity, or conflict.
- Work effectively to strengthen working relationships among project teams.
- Collaborate with steady state field staff at operational sites, to commission and operationalize capital equipment
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field with a minimum of 5 years experience supporting capital or manufacturing projects
- Experience and capability with Autocad or other design / layout software
- Experience with project management tools such as productivity software, Gantt charts, and knowledge management databases is preferred.
- Ideal candidates will have demonstrated organizational ability and high attention to detail.
- Individuals with strong interpersonal skills and experience working in interdisciplinary teams will be given preference.
- Individuals with a strong problem solving ability and solutions focused mindset will be given preference
- Candidates who have demonstrated effective written and/or verbal communication in various technical fields will be given preference.
- Candidates with experience in a technical or highly regulated industry or experience managing capital projects will be given preference.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.