About This Role
Our Maintenance and Reliability Program Manager will launch our Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Program; it is a new role that has been developed to help Apeel Sciences design and implement a successful RCM program within our organization. In this highly technical role, you will implement and assume oversight for the Preventative Maintenance of a growing number of operations sites with a variety of equipment across a global footprint. You will monitor PM-related data and metrics, own KPI's around overall PM performance, and analyze the data you are collecting to initiate positive change. The M&R Program Manager will also be responsible for setting up the PM schedule for new sites, determining strategy for warehousing and location of spare parts, and ensuring a feedback loop of lessons learned through cross-functional partnerships with other Apeel Engineering and Operations, functions (including, but not limited to, Quality and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)). What You'll Do
What You Bring
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the RCM program that will standardize, improve, and sustain equipment across multiple sites.
- Work with Operations and multiple internal Engineering functions to establish PM plans and schedules for new equipment; share learnings and best practices across functions.
- Establish organizational maintenance targets and KPIs and track progress, including leadership of corresponding change management and communication efforts.
- Partner with operations leadership teams and engineering teams to deliver operations targets and quality objectives through proper maintenance and reliability programs.
- Generate/maintain a criticality ranking of equipment, benchmarking equipment performance for all sites.
- Create and maintain a process for management of critical spares.
- Implement appropriate spare parts strategies and preventative and predictive maintenance strategies to avoid unplanned downtime.
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor and refine the preventive / predictive maintenance process utilizing UpKeep, a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), or other enterprise-level CMMS platform.
- Provide expertise, leadership, and training on structured problem solving techniques, i.e., Breakdown Analysis (BDA), RCFA, Lean, Six Sigma, RCM, 5Why, 5S, and other root cause analysis tools, etc.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies and procedures designed to reduce downtime, supply chain losses, minimize operating costs, and optimize the utilization of technical field specialists, materials and assets.
- Develop a standardized training program designed to increase the capabilities of the Operations Engineers and Technical Field Specialists at sites worldwide.
- Review and improve suggested maintenance procedures and standards provided by equipment manufacturers and Design Engineering. Work with translation services to develop work/PM instructions in Spanish or other required languages.
- Audit the maintenance practices all sites and provide feedback to correct and/or improve the team practices and performance.
- Develop maintenance solutions to eliminate chronic repetitive failures and costly equipment problems, which translate to increasing Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) and decreasing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR).
- Provide change management leadership to ensure achievement and sustainability of targeted performance levels.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience leading the commissioning, sustainment, reliability, and preventative maintenance of industrial equipment or machinery, or 5-10 years managing the maintenance function in an industrial setting.
- Familiarity with Safety Management Systems and Quality Management Systems.
- Familiarity with Manufacturing Excellence models, systems and processes relating to asset capability and reliability.
- Strong understanding in risk identification, analysis, and mitigation strategies, such as Incident Investigations, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Cause and Effect or FMEA methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability in optimizing reliability, e.g., reducing failure rates, increasing uptime, etc.
- Strong understanding of RBM (Risk-Based Maintenance) and RCM (Reliability-Centered Maintenance) strategy development.
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis of failure data (e.g., uptime, etc.) and CMMS platforms.
- Experience with LEAN/Six Sigma; preferably SixSigma Green/Black Belt certified.
- Professional Reliability Certification, e.g., CRE, CRP, CRL, CMRP, RE Certificate preferred.
- Packing house, food industry and international experience preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Up to 50%+ international and domestic travel may be required (depending on location).
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.