Angel's Envy - Bacardi Limited
Production and Manufacturing and Supplier
2010-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the Role
The Industrial Maintenance Technician is responsible for repairing, maintaining and, improving upon all distilling production/bottling equipment and facilities within. Communicate with the management team regarding the status of repairs and/or potential issues within the facility. Participates with the Brand Home experience when needed, acting as a friendly face to our friends and guests.
Carryout said tasks with the utmost craftsmanship and professionalism.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot all equipment and facility problems; pumps, motors, PLC / HMI,
- mechanical utility system failures, process, and facility electrical systems.
- Monitor Mechanical/ Electrical Infrastructure to detect potential malfunctions.
- Disassembly of any/all plant devices to rebuild
- Adjust equipment to facilitate optimal performance.
- Maintain communication with the management team to meet all maintenance demands.
- Clean and lubricate parts and equipment.
- Work with other maintenance staff and operators in the repair of any production
- Keep accurate records of parts/material used and/or labor times to complete Electronic
- work orders.
- Identify and eliminate waste in the process
- Actively participates and is engaged in safety initiatives, problem-solving, Self-Directed
- Teams, continuous improvement, and line efficiencies.
- Install control devices such as switches, relays, VFD’s, and motor starters
- Install and troubleshoot various types of RTD’s, flowmeters, and automation control
- Be able to wire and interpret RIO cabinets
- Demonstrate a strong ability to interpret and troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, and
- hydraulic blueprints.
- Perform housekeeping activities as required.
- Work cooperatively as part of a team, maintain a positive attitude, be flexible, and willing
- to cross-train across all job functions
- Ability to interact with visitors as needed to showcase the craftsmanship of our Brand.
- Be available to work any shift and/or overtime as required
- Must adhere to all LDC and OSHA safety requirements, to include the wearing of PPE.
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, Work Aids:
- Proficient with hand tools of all types:
- Electrical; multi-meter, loop/process calibrator, pipe bender, pipe threader, etc.
- Mechanical; Band saw, Knee Mill, Shop press, Lathe, etc.
- Welding equipment; Mig, Tig, Arc. Along with Plasma cutter/ Oxy Act torches
- Proficient with Fork trucks, along with industrial and commercial lifting equipment.
- Display a strong working knowledge of industry-standard rigging practices.
Critical Experiences for Success
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Trade School, Vocational/Specialized training
- 5-7 years of industrial maintenance experience
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude
- Must demonstrate dependability and timeliness
- Must possess strong problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Must possess strong mathematical, reading and comprehension skills
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and demonstrate the ability to work with minimal/no
- Work in confined spaces
- Able to lift 40lbs on a regular basis and 60lbs on an occasional basis, from floor to
- shoulder height
- Must have the ability to work in extremely hot or cold and dusty conditions
- Be able to work any shift any day of the week
- Previous Distilling experience.
- Able to read all types of precision measuring instruments
- Pipe fitting/ Industrial Electrical background
- Journeyman card in any one applicable trade
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Louisville Distilling Company in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent.
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.