About The Position
Work directly on the bottling line performing any and all tasks associated with bottling our products including (but not limited to) moving pallets of bottles and finished goods, unstacking bottles from pallets and loading them onto the...
About the Role
Work directly on the bottling line performing any and all tasks associated with bottling our products including (but not limited to) moving pallets of bottles and finished goods, unstacking bottles from pallets and loading them onto the line, operating and maintaining the bottle rinser, filler, and corking/capping equipment, operating and maintaining the labeler or hand labeling, packing cases, stacking finished cases onto pallets, wrapping pallets, and any other tasks assigned by management.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Operate bottling line machines/equipment in a correct, safe and efficient manner
- Detect malfunctions of bottling line machines/equipment and troubleshoot problems correctly and in a timely manner.
- Address and resolve equipment issues as appropriate or escalate to Team Lead/Bottling Manager
- Make adjustments to machines to achieve optimal performance while following all safety protocols.
- Inspect product and packaging materials throughout the various stages for quality to ensure product is bottled and packaged according to quality standards and specifications.
- Perform and document all reports and product quality inspections in accordance with SOP’s.
- Actively participates and is engaged in safety initiatives, problem solving, Lean, 5S, Self-Directed Teams, continuous improvement and line efficiencies.
- Perform product line changeovers in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work day shift and/or overtime as required.
- Ensure all safety procedures and standard operating procedures (SOP) are accurately followed and documented.
- Perform housekeeping and sanitation duties as assigned.
- Comply with all Environmental, Health & Safety policies and training.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Measures of Success
- Bottling Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including but not limited to Bottling Efficiency, Right First Time, productivity, etc. are met or exceeded per departmental targets.
- Meet or exceed all departmental safety requirements including, but not limited to, completion of Safety Observations, participation on Safety Committee, etc.
Critical Experiences for Success:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Basic maintenance experience required
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Technical training recommended
- Must possess reading & comprehension, writing and mathematical skills and ability to follow directions and complete recordkeeping as needed.
- Must exhibit good communication and organization skills and be detail oriented.
- Must demonstrate dependability and timeliness.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment.
- Must possess strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to work in non-climate-controlled environments and outdoors as needed.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. and perform repetitive work actions.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.