About The Position
The ideal candidate will balance process and governance orientation with
the aptitude to extract, manipulate, analyze and communicate data in a meaningful manner to Financial and Sr. Leadership.
- Responsible for preparation and review of monthly accounting close procedures to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and internal controls, as well as the accuracy of financial statements. Specific month-end close activities include:
- Preparation and review of journal entries for operating companies
- Record, analyze and review inter- and intra- company transactions
- Review of trial balances and monthly trends; perform additional review as needed to support the close
- Analysis and review of operating company financial statements
- Preparation and review of monthly U.S. GAAP financial statements including, balance sheet, income statement and cash
- Preparation and review of high-quality balance sheet account reconciliations
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing and audit activities, external audit teams
- Execute & Improve Close Processes and the Environment of Control
- Monitor processes and controls relating to financial transactions, recommending and implementing improvements with
- the Controller and business partners
- Manage AP, Check Runs, Supplier Wires and Prepaids
- Support and execute adhoc projects as assigned by Controller, CFO
- BS or BA in Accounting
- [5+] years of direct, progressive experience in Controls/Accounting, manufacturing, CPG, alcohol industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics or similar mid-size software suites
- Extensive experience with account reconciliations and analysis, particularly with inventory accounts.
- Excellent working understanding of GAAP and ability to perform accounting inquiry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to work with diverse groups and departments within the Company
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; attention to details; highly organized
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- True team player and self-starter with a keen sense of urgency, who likes to see the big picture and focuses on details
- Ability to multi-task and take accountability (i.e., knows when to ask for guidance/coaching when needed)Willingness and ability to grow with a fast-growing organization
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Deadline-oriented with ability to organize assignments, set priorities and carry out plans
- Prior industry experience a plus
The above statements describe the essential functions and qualifications needed for Cost Accountant has been prepared by Hotaling & Co., LLC to use in planning, staffing, budgeting and/or evaluation of employees. It also provides employees with a guide to the duties they are expected to perform. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in this position. Actual job responsibilities may change at management's discretion, without notice.
Hotaling & Co., LLC is an at-will employer, which means that an employee may resign or Hotaling & Co., LLC may separate an employee from service with or without cause at any time for any reason. There is nothing written in this position description that guarantees continued employment. I have read the above position description and believe that it does accurately define the job.