About The Position
The Regional Sales Manager – Southwest is a full-time position, pivotal to the growth of the company’s entire portfolio of brands, Based out of CO- covering CO, NV, AZ, & NM. Ability to manage and implement strategic direction is critical to the equity development of the portfolio. The Regional Sales Manager – Southwest will report directly to the VP Sales – West. The Regional Sales Manager-Southwest will have one direct report based in Las Vegas, NV and will be responsible for the development and training of this Business Development Manager position
Distribution, Events & Activation
- Be accountable for and drive distribution in identified target accounts
- Execute trade, account & consumer samplings, brand building promotions, and special events
- Help sales team secure premium/ target account back-bar distribution targets and secure menu placements to enhance consumer pull
- Help source consumer and trade events to generate trial and awareness of our brands
- Oversee execution of core placements in retail chains
Education and Training
- Develop and manage spirits master classes for key accounts and consumers, ensuring we are top of mind in the mixology/ bartending community and within our top tier accounts (both on and off premise)
- Build effective relationships in market with Distributor, Sales teams, targeted on and off premise accounts, and the bartending community
- Build and maintain senior distributor management relationships as well as key Chain retail buyers
- Keep expenses within the established company guidelines and submit expense reports in a timely manner. Expenses outside of normal guidelines such as expensive dinners need prior approval.
- Read e-mail daily and respond to all outstanding issues on a timely basis.
- Manage Billbacks efficiently to ensure that there are no outstanding items over 45 days with all distributors.
- Maintain key account book/pitch book with current information. This book includes local market pricing, sell sheets, account information, distributor information, competitive information.
- Communicate effectively within structured meetings with your manager on a weekly basis to keep them informed on market trends, competitive activity, and your accomplishments.
- Foster and build relationships with state stakeholders
- Operate within the laws and ways of working in each state
- Determine pricing needs for the markets, ability to work 6 mo-1 yr planning in advance
- Maintain pricing standards in accordance with H&Co national guidelines
- Find opportunities in market for added visibility, attention, education of on-premises and retailers
- Responsible for achieving case sales goals, accounts sold goals and distribution goals, for both on premise and off premise business with all distributors.
- Maintain a distributor control book for each state/market/distributor. This book must include all records and material necessary to manage the market and the distributor.
- Recommend and develop sales programs, pricing strategies, brand profit structures and competitive brand positioning with your manager each quarter.
- Work with your manager on development and implementation of brand sales strategies.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers (top mixologists, beverage and retail managers) in the marketplace to successfully increase sales.
- Build distribution and brand recognition through working closely with each distributor.
- Develop a list of the top 100 “A” Bars/Restaurants in the territory for placement Hotaling and Co products. Review the accomplishments monthly with the distributor management.
- Present distribution opportunities, programs, and promotions to targeted off-premises and on-premise accounts on a quarterly basis.
- Make approximately 25 (+) on-premise and/or off-premise trade sales calls per week in appropriate accounts. Account mix to include established target list.
- Secure feature promotions in on- and off-premise consistent with field marketing brand plans. Sales calls may be made in conjunction with distributor personnel on a work-with basis.
- Ensure distributor execution against promotions and defined brand standards through direct communications with distributor merchandising teams, district managers, and sales managers and distributor management. Document execution and review with the manager who is responsible for our brands.
- Present/participate in team meetings each month with each distributor for on premise and off premise to introduce and facilitate execution of monthly goals and programs.
- Put together incentive plans for your market to be approved by your manager. Once agreed upon, implement and monitor each program for success.
- Maintain a direct selling relationship with a minimum of 25 “HT” retail accounts to sell in against promotions and incremental opportunities in each major market.
- Make appropriate pricing/programming and merchandising recommendations to your Manager for approval and implementation.
- Ensure distributor execution as it relates to on-premise sales through wait-staff training, brand positioning and pricing, and off-premise as it relates to retail execution, ie; floor displays, adjacencies, cold box, POS, and shelf facings.
- Keep supervisor informed of all sales and marketing related developments as they relate to the Hotaling and co brands.
- Conduct consumer, trade and distributor tastings and seminars.
Qualifications & Experience
- Progressive Sales experience
- Direct accountability for results – goal oriented
- Wide product knowledge
- Self-starting enthusiasm with can-do attitude
- Relationship development- ability to develop relationships and influence accounts, Mixologists and distributor teams and management
- Passion and expertise in distilled spirits
- Resourceful, creative and organized with ability to manage timelines and event logistics
- Minimum 5 years of experience interacting with beverage wholesalers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives in a fun, dynamic, fast-paced environment. Desires to make a difference, find innovative solutions while demonstrating passion for the brands to be served
- Team player
- Recognized credibility in local mixology / bartending community a plus
- Distributor background
- On-premise sales, marketing or promotion experience
- Existing relationships with top accounts in the local market
- Clean driving record and good credit history
The above statements describe the essential functions and qualifications needed for Regional Sales Manager – Southwest has been prepared by Hotaling & Co., LLC to use in planning, staffing, budgeting and/or evaluation of employees. It also provides employees with a guide to the duties they are expected to perform. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in this position. Actual job responsibilities may change at management's discretion, without notice.
Hotaling & Co., LLC is an at-will employer, which means that an employee may resign or Hotaling & Co., LLC may separate an employee from service with or without cause at any time for any reason. There is nothing written in this position description that guarantees continued employment. I have read the above position description and believe that it does accurately define the job.