Business Development Manager (Spirits Sales)- San Francisco North Bay
Reporting: The BDM reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager.
Distribution and Key Account Management
- Accountable for driving high quality distribution of HAC brands in identified target accounts, and developing new prospects within assigned territory.
- Call on key accounts on an ongoing basis to review our brand priorities, execute events to drive sales at account level, and train account staff on brand attributes and selling points.
- Secure back-bar distribution, visibility and impactful menu placement plan in target accounts to enhance consumer pull and rate-of-sale.
- Guide accounts in effective merchandising through proper shelf management and brand visibility, and ensure brand marketing materials and displays are utilized within your assigned account base.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sustainable records of sales achievements/quotas and an organized list and plan for both on and off premise accounts.
- Build and maintain effective business relationships with the trade, bartending community, distributors, gatekeepers and local market influencers.
- Collaborate with distributor on brand and sales objectives, through ride-withs, team meetings, and general sales meetings.
- Conduct product education / samplings, educate store personnel and consumers and complete post sampling recap.
- Develop and manage spirits master classes for key accounts and consumers, ensuring we are top of mind in the mixology/ bartending community and within our top tier accounts (both on and off-premise).
- Help source consumer and trade events to generate trial and awareness of our brands, while appropriately integrating the appropriate brand messaging and experience.
- Set up and attend brand building promotions, on premise and special events (retailer & consumer samplings, brand launches, cocktail contests, pairings, etc).
- Develop and promote specialty cocktails for brands, accounts, and PR efforts.
- Monitor and report competitive activity, brand movement, pricing, and distribution penetration and highlight opportunities to Marketing and Sales team.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 2 years experience with proven track record of achievement.
- Self-starting enthusiasm with can-do attitude.
- Able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Willingness to work full-time, non-traditional, late night hours as required and travel throughout assigned territory and occasionally beyond.
- Must be reliable, and possess a high level of work ethic to go above and beyond to accomplish goals.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and influence others (accounts, bartenders and distributor teams).
- Passion for artisanal and craft spirits.
- Resourceful, creative and organized with ability to manage timelines, budgets and event logistics
- Excellent communication and selling skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office Suite
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Physical capabilities necessary to complete duties of the job.
- Recognized credibility in local mixology / bartending community a plus.
- On and off-premise sales, marketing or promotion experience in the local market.
- Existing relationships with top accounts in the local market