Hotaling & Co.
Hotaling & Co. strives to be the world’s best artisanal spirits and cocktails company. Both a distiller (in the heart of San Francisco) and importer (of some of the world’s most coveted brands), Hotaling & Co. has a unique business model that is fueling tremendous growth. We are always on the lookout for those likeminded spirits that could enhance our company (partners across brand owners, distributors, retailers, employees and drinker communities). The right individual will align to our values, bring a growth mindset, and hold experience in modern brand marketing and project management.
Seeking a Brand Manager (BM) responsible for Hotaling and Co. American Whiskey Brands, Hirsch Selected Whiskeys and Old Potrero Rye Whiskey, a pivotal role in our growth. Collaborate cross-functionally to craft brand strategy, manage agencies, and execute go-to-market initiatives. Drive brand equity and budgeting while innovating and optimizing P&Ls. Lead marketing, sales support, and people development efforts.
This position is hybrid and requires working in the office in San Francisco on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
· Develop and execute comprehensive brand strategies for our American Whiskies portfolio, ensuring alignment with company goals and market trends.
· Partner with the VP of Marketing to develop the long-term American Whiskey portfolio strategy and approach to achieve volume and profit targets.
· Lead the planning and execution of marketing initiatives, including product launches, trainings, market visits, events, promotions, and advertising campaigns, aimed at increasing brand awareness and market share.
· Have a deep understanding of the category and stay informed on trends, consumer preferences, and competitor activities. Translate insights into actionable strategies.
· Work closely with cross-functional teams including innovation, operations, finance, sales, and portfolio marketing to achieve brand goals.
· Provide clear execution direction to the Sales Organization and partner in focus markets to execute local initiatives.
· Oversee relationships with marketing agencies, ensuring effective collaboration and delivery of marketing campaigns.
· Manage brand budgets, invoice processing, and vendor relationships to ensure efficient financial management.
· Partner with Finance to optimize our American Whiskey brand P&Ls.
· Collaborate with the Director of Innovation to drive product innovation and brand renovations.
· Foster relationships with distributors and retailers to support sales initiatives in key markets.
Qualifications & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree preferred in business, marketing, or related field
- Must have 5-7 years of working experience, preferably in brand management within the beverage alcohol industry.
- Strong analytical, communication, and project management skills.
- Proficiency in market research and data analysis.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to problem solve while working cross-functionally.
- Self-starter with a high tolerance for multi-tasking and flexibility that thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Positive “can do” attitude with a growth mindset.
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Broad time commitment, including some nights and weekends. Travel up to 20% of the time.
- Passion for American Whiskies and a deep appreciation for the craft.
The above statements describe the essential functions and qualifications needed for the Brand Manager have been prepared by Hotaling & Co., LLC to use in planning, staffing, budgeting and/or evaluation of employees. It also provides employees with a guide to the duties they are expected to perform. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position. Actual job responsibilities may change at management's discretion, without notice.
Hotaling & Co., LLC is an at-will employer, which means that an employee may resign or Hotaling & Co., LLC may separate an employee from service with or without cause at any time for any reason. There is nothing written in this position description that guarantees continued employment. I have read the above position description and believe that it does accurately define the job.