About The Position
Position: Sales Representative – Minnesota/Wisconsin
Position Location: Metro Minneapolis area
Salary Range: Salaried, exempt, DOE
Hours: 45 - 50 hrs/wk average annually, overnight travel per month is likely
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership, AD&D, Life Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Employee Assistance, group rate Pet Insurance, employment perks, and more!
A Little About Us:
Alaskan Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Juneau, Alaska. At Alaskan Brewing, our vision is to be a leader in the Craft Brewing Industry, focused on quality, community, and innovation. Alaskan Brewing Company remains locally owned and operated with the same core group of original investors, plus employee-investors and an employee stock ownership plan. Our core values are ethical, excellence, rooted in Alaska; with a continuing priority of making our workplace safe, fun, challenging, innovative and environmentally proactive.
The Sales Representative’s primary role is to increase brand awareness by increasing points of distribution in both the on and off premise as well as assist the Regional Sales Manager in distributor management. The general responsibilities include:
- The Alaskan Brewing Sales Manager’s principal mission is to gain On & Off Premise distribution throughout assigned Alaskan and distributor marketing territories.
- Acts as liaison between AKB and its distributors as well as other customers.
- Work directly with the wholesaler sales team including but not limited to: in ride withs, daily/weekly communication and sales meetings.
- Execute upon our developed annual Sales & Marketing Plan on the street level.
- May execute sales calls from a range of 10-15 on and off-premise accounts per day or evening. He/she will provide potential buyers (most sales calls are cold calls), with standard and concise information about AKB as a brewery, and product information along with what value we will bring to the prospective account in terms of POS, wait staff training, evening promotions, etc.
- Set up and conduct promotional events at venues, accounts and festivals.
- Identify potential sales venues/accounts where we can establish and/or maximize our exposure to our products through promotions, displays, signage, etc.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, this person is an integral part of the dynamic, remote, sales team that creates and maintains foundational customer relationships. This position is located exclusively in Minnesota/Wisconsin and requires travel. Special knowledge and skills required include:
- Passion for the craft beer industry and the Alaskan portfolio
- 2 – 5 years of beverage sales experience preferred
- Detailed knowledge of malt beverage distribution and sales preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to execute on Sales Plan Strategies and close sales
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with various Microsoft Office programs
- Current driver’s license with excellent driving record.
Live. Life. Alaskan. Our Brew Crew have a passion for the outdoors and the Alaskan lifestyle; we are hikers, bikers, wildlife watchers, boaters, anglers, photographers, skiers, snowboarders, rock-climbers, foragers, beach goers, dog-walkers and all-around enthusiasts who enjoy taking our brews out on a good adventure. Juneau is located in the heart of the Tongass National Forest and many of the ingredients we use, like spruce tips and glacial-fed water, are found in our backyard. While Juneau is the state capital, the population is only about 30,000; you can meet new faces and still enjoy a small-town feel. Juneau has its fair share of rainy days, but they seldom dampen the pioneer spirit we all share. From our vibrant summer packed with daylight and tourists, to our slower winters of countless cross country and downhill skiing opportunities, Juneau offers a wide variety of ways to live life Alaskan. Here at Alaskan Brewing Company, we are deeply rooted in our community. Our employee events, volunteer opportunities, and annual fundraisers keep us actively involved locally, nationally and in this exciting industry of ours.