About The Position
We are a regional consumer brand company located in Southeast Louisiana looking for a Packaging Manager to join our team. This position’s primary responsibilities will be the daily management of the packaging department overseeing the safe and efficient packaging of the highest quality craft beer. The Packaging Manager position is full-time and will report directly to the President of the company. Additionally, the Packaging Manager will work closely with all department heads.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Leading a team in packaging a high volume of quality beer in a safe and efficient manner.
· Writing and communicating a shift schedule for all packaging staff.
· Building and maintaining a strong team of motivated and educated employees.
· Ensuring clean and sanitary machinery and working environment.
· Managing packaging inventories and materials resource planning.
· Analyzing and reporting on all packaging operations and efficiencies.
· Completing, entering and maintaining daily packaging records.
· Scheduling and overseeing all repairs and maintenance on packaging equipment.
· Working with the department heads and production team to improve processes that encourage safety, quality and efficiency.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds and move 170 pounds regularly.
· Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel and crouch.
· The ability to work near moving parts and machinery.
· Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color; either with or without accommodation.
· The ability to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environments frequently.
· Hours may vary if emergencies arise (typical work week = 45 hours).
Supervision of Others
This position is responsible for leading, developing and coaching all of the packaging personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job effectively. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· At least 7 year of experience in a brewery or other food/beverage manufacturing facility.
· Proven success in a leadership role managing 5 or more employees.
· Extensive experience and understanding of aseptic packaging procedures, cleaning and sanitation, preventive maintenance, team motivation and management,
ordering and inventory management, record keeping and data analysis.
· Experience with brewery quality assurance and quality control plans.
· Strong overall understanding of OSHA regulations and requirements.
· Knowledge of computers (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Positive attitude with an ongoing sense of urgency.
· Ability to understand and execute against deadlines.
· Excellent time and people management skills.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
· Budget management proficiency.
· Must be at least 21 years of age and eligible to work in the United States.