About The Position
ABITA BREWING COMPANY IS OFFERING A $500 SIGN ON BONUS
Abita Brewing company is looking to fill a Keg Filler Operator position working the second shift, 2pm-11pm. The Keg Filler Operator is responsible for retrieving empty kegs and processing them through a dedicated station that cleans, sterilizes and fills the kegs. Once the kegs are filled, the Operator will be responsible arranging the kegs onto pallets and moving them to the holding area. This position will follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Operates the keg cleaning and sterilization equipment.
· Responsible for retrieving and filling empty kegs according to the standard operating procedures.
· Operating, maintaining and troubleshooting equipment on the keg line.
· Ensuring product quality through visual inspection and quality assurance checks.
· Responsible for operating a forklift.
· Maintains cleanliness of work area and around perimeter of machines (cleans up any product and/or container spills; disposes of trash).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Flexible to work rotating schedules as business needs arise (typical work week = 40 hours).
· Position requires standing for long periods of time (up to 12 hours), bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
· Ability to roll full kegs up to 160 pounds on pallets.
· Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body and arm rotation, arm extension, and climbing ladders.
· Very high noise levels in/around bottling line (ear protection required).
· Exposure to various temperature changes.
· Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
Supervision of Others
This position does not require any management responsibilities.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Basic knowledge of computers.
· Knowledge of safe work operations, safety policies and procedures.
· Attention to details, ability to recognize when there is a problem.
· Love, appreciation and knowledge of beer, including a familiarity with the craft brewing industry and with beer styles.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States.
ABITA BREWING COMPANY IS AN EOE