About The Position
ABITA BREWING COMPANY IS OFFERING A $500 SIGN ON BONUS
The Cellarman performs general cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, taking out trash, hosing down floors, pressure washing, etc. in and around the Brew House. This position will follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· General cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, taking out trash, hosing down floors, pressure washing, etc.
· Moving hoses, buckets and small brewery parts when needed to clean the Brew House.
· CIP and sanitize fermentation vessels, bright beer tanks, centrifuge, filter, processing piping & hoses, and other required processing equipment.
· Manage and execute daily yeast removals and dry hopping.
· Blend and carbonate non-beer beverages.
· Filter and carbonate finished beer.
· Perform various quality control checks and tests.
· Update all paperwork and log product yield and loss data.
· Operation of machinery such as forklift, scissor lift and man lift.
· Sample product, attend beer events, and represent the company at industry functions.
· Contribute to and participate in all small-scale innovation projects.
· Other duties, as requested by the brewing leadership team.
· Assist Brewers when needed with daily tasks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Flexible to work a rotating schedules as business needs arise (typical work week = 40 hours).
· Position requires standing for long periods of time (up to 12 hours), bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Exposure to various temperature changes.
· Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
· Ability to operate powered industrial trucks and equipment.
· Ability to work from heights.
Supervision of Others
This position does not require any management responsibilities.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Knowledge of safe work operations, safety policies and procedures.
· Attention to details, ability to recognize when there is a problem.
· Love, appreciation and knowledge of beer, including a familiarity with the craft brewing industry and with beer styles.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an EOE