About The Position
Who we are: A-Game is the Ultimate in Hydration. Whether at home or at work, in the gym or in the classroom, success means giving nothing less than your best, your peak performance, your A-Game.
Job Description: The KAM will develop and implement trade programs designed to grow the Company’s presence within the Supermarket and other retail channel. He/she will optimize sales & profit growth in the assigned accounts.
The KAM will focus on nurturing and developing long-term customer relationships necessary to support the Company’s strategic retail growth goals. Additionally, the Key Account Manager will ensure that the Company meets the expectations of the company, customer and consumer.
The KAM contributes to the success of the company by executing the company’s selling strategy in assigned retail accounts. The KAM is responsible to manage key customer relationships to include negotiating customer agreements that deliver against annual operating plans while successfully delivering against the customer's expectations. The KAM must develop strategic account plans in order to create sales proposals yielding profitable account development and growth. Further, the KAM should present quarterly internal updates regarding plans, strategies and results vs. expectation. Key building blocks include: Distribution, Space, Merchandising & Promotion. The KAM will utilize Category Management skills to develop fact-based sales presentations employing customer and consumer syndicated data such as SPINS or IRI.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Maximize volume in key assigned accounts by utilizing fact-based selling methods.
- Cultivate strong relationships with customers.
- Activate marketplace initiatives / promotions to build brand awareness and volume.
- Ensure customers are complying with agreed upon promo program requirements.
- Work closely with the distributor network to improve retail execution.
- Analyze business trends to develop and update business growth strategies.
- Sell for “Space to Sales” space allocation & maximize flavor assortment.
- Where possible secure placement of Single Serve in frontend soft drink coolers as well as deli counter cooler space (to tie in with sandwich sales).
- In high volume stores that experience ongoing weekend out of stocks, secure commitment to order 15 extra cases for delivery NLT Thursday of each week. With that commitment we can offer that store a weekend “Pull-up” service.
- Maximize promo sell thru by securing strategic SRP price point and display execution.
- Executing company direction on new item launches and promotional plans
- Leveraging syndicated and Point-of-Sale data to identify areas of opportunity
- Monitoring results, identifying risks & proposing corrective actions