About The Position
At 818, we believe that truly excellent tequila is something worth searching for, savoring, and
celebrating. That's why we work closely with local, family-owned farms in Jalisco, Mexico to
bring you the smoothest, most natural, and best tasting tequila possible -- using only the
highest quality ingredients and the most authentic production processes. We believe 818 tastes
best when you can enjoy a glass with those you love.
From the agaves we grow to the production of the bottle, sustainability and transparency of our
supply chain is our core focus. We feel a great responsibility to have a positive impact on
individuals, communities, and our shared environment. Our production materials and processes
are deliberately selected to minimize their impact on the environment, and for every bottle of
818 sold, we donate 1% of revenue to environmental nonprofit partners to ensure our planet
and future generations thrive.
About The Role
We are looking for a dynamic market manager with an established record of performance with
premium spirits brands. You will deliver the company's sales execution standards, brand
building initiatives and business goals with a select group of accounts and execute brand
building initiatives with distributors in your region.
As a market manager for 818, you will serve as a local point of contact for distributor and trade
and responsible for total market (on and off premise) results.
This role would be ideally suited to a supplier/importer account manager or distributor spirits
manager/KAM looking for the next step up working for this elite team. This is a new position,
reporting directly to the National Sales Manager or VP of Sales.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage a set of prestige on and off premise accounts as determined by National Sales Manager/VP of Sales
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain strong relationships with individual account owners, managers, and buyers. Leverage relationships to explore business opportunities.
- Ensure positive and proactive collaboration with distributor account leads.
- Provide an unrivaled quality of service to ensure our brands are front of mind with the accounts.
- Leverage account relationships and brand building activities to foster trade advocacy.
- Ensure best-in-class consumer experiences at point of sale that bring to life the uniqueness of our brands by securing cocktail placements, conducting staff training and brand activation events as needed.
- Effectively communicate our brand stories and develop a powerful set of brand experiences that leave a lasting impression.
- Create ownable occasions for 818 in the market (gifting, celebration etc.)
- Uphold price integrity and execution standards.
- Leverage tools and resources for optimum benefit, e.g. staff training, etc.
- Work closely with Director of Business and Brand Development for market activation events
- Work with distributor mixologists and key account managers to secure distribution, merchandising off premise and cocktails on premise, plus digital brand activation
Administration and Analysis:
- Provide feedback on market issues: opportunities, changes, distributor issues and competitive activity
- Work with Director of Commercial Operations and Sales VP to develop action plans for business opportunities through the use of strategic insights and as applicable leverage distributor sales data
- Conduct and report weekly progress checks of distributor performance for your assigned area
- Insure required reports are turned in timely and as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years-experience in spirits account management and/or mixology
- High level of credibility, relationships, and demonstrated ability in customer management within specific territory.
- Excellent communication skills, articulate with strong public speaking ability / experience and excellent writing skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental plans
- Remote and flexible work environment
- Yearly product allowance
- Must be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train, lift up to 45lbs
- Frequent travel within assigned area of business
- Primarily office environment but may be exposed to a warehouse/distribution environment on a frequent basis
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
- Must have close vision, distant vision, ability to adjust focus, peripheral and color vision